Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • whats the safest way to pay for something when you but it online?
  • willy
    Free Member

like say if i bought something off one of you lot then would it be best to use paypal, bank transfer or a cheque? just in case you decided to be ded nasty and not send me the bits and i wanted to get my money back?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably paypal (but not as a gift) however you get charged.

Depends if you trust the person, check there post history and whatnot.

I usually pay for stuff via bank transfer and have never had a problem, however if there an unknown member then it may be better to pay via paypal

willy
    Free Member

if bank transfer is used, i would do it at thier actual bank and get a receipt so would that receipt prove anything?

spooky_b329

It’d have to be Paypal for me. Quick, easy, you know that they received the cash, you get a receipt with all the details on. (as long as you entered a decent description of the item)

Agree about not using the gift feature…you don’t pay the fee, you don’t get the protection!

Drac

Transfer online and there will be a record on your statement of the transfer easy to get more details from a bank.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

you do get FULL paypal protection even if its a gift. I lost £40 gift payment when something i posted did not arrive. I explained to the paypal dude on the phone that it was just a gift, he said tough, paypal will ALWAYS settle a claim in the way of the payer even if its a gift, only way otherwise is if you provide tracking information that states the item has arrived. Recorded delivery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘whats the safest way to pay for something when you but it online?’ is closed to new replies.