Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What's the protocol with high st opticians assisting with grit in eye etc?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Can you walk into specsavers with something stuck in your eye and get it seen to?

*sorry, wrong forum!

taxi25
    Free Member

I doubt it’s part of their general remit. They might offer some form of first aid in an emergency but would probably direct you to the local A/E.

marmaduke
    Free Member

Yes you can and yes, in Scotland at least, it’s within their remit. I had a similar issue to you, had got grit in my dry eyes while mtbing and rubbed them. Then for days it felt like my eyes were gritty and every blink was like scraping grit. Went to GP. GP told me nothing he could do, the optometrists have the tools for the job. Went to Boots and the guy was very professional about it and spent a long time testing and looking with various dyes and lights. Surprisingly it turns out I hadn’t scratched my cornea but hay fever had caused bumps to form under my eyelids which were rubbing my eye so he told me to buy various eye drops and it totally sorted it.

GHill

As above, in Scotland the opticians should be your first port of call. They’ll refer you (i.e., make you an appointment) to the hospital if necessary.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Is this a case of being Better Apart? 😉

dudeofdoom

I’ve been to walk in clinic and sent to Optition to have a funny Inward growing eyelash removed …they’ve got better toys.

Also been to the local eye hospital to get a splinter pulled out of one ….that was fun…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What's the protocol with high st opticians assisting with grit in eye etc?’ is closed to new replies.