• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bubs.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • whats the protocol for dibs on selling stuff?
  • singletracksurfer

who gets dibs – someone who posts on the thread/forum first or does a direct e-mail count?

cp

the one who gets cash in the bank first.

ton

who the seller decides to sell to.

njee20
    Free Member

The one who pays…?

I’d personally say email I reckon.

weeksy

whichever one seems like they’ll be the least hassle and quickest to pay.

soobalias
    Free Member

will you swap for an xbox one and the balance in cash when i get my pocket money?

singletracksurfer

Cash on collection confuses.

Thanks, I thought e-mail should count, just the other buyer(s) can’t see that, so I feel a bit bad.

Sui
    Free Member

the one who gets in touch on either medium.. then it goes down to the one not dicking about.

core

The savvy STW buyer claims dibs in first post, within 10 mins of add being posted, adds a ‘ygm’ and emails the buyer.

Job sewn up I reckon.

rugbydick

just the other buyer(s) can’t see that, so I feel a bit bad.

Your stuff for sale, your choice who you sell to; nothing to feel bad about.

FWIW, dibs goes to whoever contacts you first through all media

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

singletracksurfer – Member
    Cash on collection confuses.

Who ever arrives first, then play dumb and say “but someone else saying they were you was only here five minutes ago, paid & took the …… ” *

*obviously not this, it would make you an unpleasant individual.

tpbiker
    Free Member

the one who pays first..

wasted far to much time on folks who ask for dibs, ask for pics then don’t even bother to say they aren’t going to take it.

njee20
    Free Member

To be fair, if I get three people saying “I’ll have it”, and two are just classified users, or people I don’t know, and the third is a ‘regular’, I’ll sell to the regular every time. Irrespective of chronology.

alanf
    Free Member

Think it depends which medium the seller see’s first.
    Had a couple recently where I had been the second to reply in whichever medium but ended up with both items as the original bidder obviously pulled out.
    It’s not worth the hassle of berating the seller, if it’s up for grabs then join the queue.
    The seller will usually work out who to sell to.

theotherjonv

‘Dibs’ counts for nothing*. Been burnt on that a few times. You can write dibs if you want, but the fact is you either agree to have it, in which case you then get a reasonable grace to pay in; or the first one to come along and do so will get it instead.

* unless if as Njee kind of says, if you’re a regular i recognize / know, or someone I’ve dealt with before I’ll let you have it on the basis you just need to check what seatclamp size you actually need and I can trust you that that is what you will do. But if you piss around taking 2 days to come back, don’t be surprised if it’s gone in the meantime.

bigblackshed

Or as it goes ATM on the classifieds, ask for info, size, photos…………. Nothing from the seller. Day later their ad is reposted, still for sale. Do you want to sell it or what?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s just buying second hand bits. Nothing to get emotional about.

Please share who is being childish so i can avoid selling to them in future

singletracksurfer

Great, thanks I’ve decided to stay unemotionally detached and honor the e-mail but non-thread response.

All buyers have been perfect gentlemen/gentlewomen about it tbf.

Cheers.

bubs

Don’t feel sad (and hopefully not me)… I thought I was a contender, I wasn’t, I moved on. All very pleasant and good communication.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘whats the protocol for dibs on selling stuff?’ is closed to new replies.