Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What's the post Lancegate consensus on Floyd Landis?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Good guy or Bank?

iainc

was always a bad guy…

aa
    Free Member

personally i’d give him a good guy tag. Frankly ‘that’ day at the tour was unbelievable so in my eyes he as always a doper. I think team lance have created ‘bad floyd’. It looks to me that he was pushed into spilling the beans. He’s no worse than any of the other dopers.

History might actually portray him favourably for helping lift the lid on how disgusting the doping was

iainc

try reading his book…..

aa
    Free Member

whats his book say, he didnt do a ‘jimmy’ did he?

iainc

mega jimmy 😆

kcr
    Free Member

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/landis-agrees-repay-defense-fund-donors

Cyclist Floyd Landis agreed Friday to repay donors nearly a half-million dollars that he raised to challenge doping allegations in an agreement with federal prosecutors that may spare him criminal charges of lying to supporters about his drug use…As part of his “deferred prosecution” agreement, Landis admitted defrauding 1,765 donors out of $478,354 — an amount he will fully repay…Landis created the defense fund in 2007 and raised money through town hall-style meetings, online videos, charity events, personal appearances and a book, “Positively False: The Real Story of How I Won the Tour de France,” according to a summary of the charges.

Garry_Lager

Is it actually possible to take a testosterone hit in the morning and go out and lay waste to the field the way he did? Sounds like something out of a computer game – quaff endurance potion +10 to vanquish your enemies.

I mean obviously he was doping but was he caught on the basis of that single amazing day – like he took a testosterone shot because he was in trouble and it would give immediate results?

Junkyard
    Free Member

bad guy for sure

Interesting journey and on the road to redemption

Seems to be both spilling the beans and making a living doing so

Not read his books and not likely to

xanboy
    Free Member

The testosterone would have done nothing for me over night or on the day. It would have been in the blood he reinjected into himself, a bit sloppy really as if he’d been following the right doping plan it shouldn’t have happened. It’s why Lance and USPS along with all the other teams have got away with it for so long.
    Floyd is no better or worse than the others he is just the same, he doped, he got caught, he got punished. Lets just hope that they do the same to all the others instead of this idea that we now have of good cheats and bad cheats!

Merak

What a day tho’ he was dynamite! Same with that crackpot Ricco, big ring attacks up the hors cat climbs!

Bonkers.

Landis, not a good guy imo.

edhornby

history will portray him as a man who only opened his mouth when he realised that he was frozen out

manton69

This is what Paul Kimmage is being sued by the UCI over. His interview and notes on Landis allows you to make your own mind up about the guy. History may judge Landis harshly, but I only hope that he can get back to enjoying going out on a bike, like we do, and remember why he started all those years ago. We all use a bike for different reasons and at some point all of the Pros involved in this loved riding a bike for reasons other than money. You can only hope that they do not lose sight of that enjoyment and think that it is just a job. Once that happens then you can get in to the mess we have seen with USPS and the rest.

titusrider
    Free Member

Not landis bur Hamilton. My mate recons Hamilton is a git for ratting on his team mates when he was the one that got caught. Discuss?

(I think that is a silly view which just re enforces the omerta)

Also hamiltons book says lances advice to Floyd was “if ur gonna lie, lie big” whne Floyd tested +ve

andytherocketeer

One of the worst. Sued left right and centre when caught to try to get off on technicalities. If he’d have held his hand up and admitted the day after Morzine he was an idiot he might have been able to be a bad guy turned good. He didn’t, and grassing on Armstrong won’t fix that, nor will paying back all the legal expenses (with or without interest).

And I won’t be buying books or watching any movies from any of them where they’re cashing in on their story, unless every last ¢ of that cashing in goes on independent methods of catching cheats and promoting clean sport at grass levels.

alexathome
    Free Member

Love Landis, great rider. anyone that watched st16 2006 would appreciate that that ride took guts beyond what the others in the peleton had and was testimony to his time spent in mtb racing – hard, all out pace then time trialing it to the finish.

Gutsy rider, talented, sully sunglasses, ugly face – what’s not to love.

(besides the intravenous transfusions that it)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good guy turned bad then bombed out then turned good again.

He was at least honest in the end, glad he’s paying the money back, I hope that happens quickly.

Happy for him, hope he gets out riding with his mates like we all do.

Can’t say I’ve had much of a soft spot for him over the years, a bit meh TBH.

Now Ulrich, now there’s a guy I admire.

firestarter
    Free Member

Good article in the link, makes you think , well me anyway. would it be worth all the scandal and pain he’s been thru to have that experience on the tour? I’d say so 😉 and obviously so does he as he’d do it all again if starting from scratch.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What's the post Lancegate consensus on Floyd Landis?’ is closed to new replies.