Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What's the point of Somalia…?
  • meehaja
    Free Member

They invented uppy downy seat posts and head set spacers.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member

It’s nicer than rice pudding?

That deserved at least a slow hand clap. Well done.

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    bwaarp
    Free Member

What has Somalia done for the world….

They brassed up a load of Americans? :mrgreen:

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ll just post that again, shall I?

voodoo_chile

They have the best pirates!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

They have the best pirates!

They arrrrr, arn’t they….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bit of rather dull land in a very useful place whose few inhabitants were a little surprised when these white men arrived and said ” you are now subjects of the king and he like these presents called taxes. Oh – and these chaps in funny shirts want a word with your priests”

Hundreds of years later its a bit fubared

Slogo
    Free Member

those white life boats were confiscated off the pirates and taken here in the Seychelles, we see them all the time.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

it must be a mega dangerous place because its been done by the daddy of hard men….

wrecker
    Free Member

Well it’s given a nice career change to some of my former colleagues. Thanks Pirates!

binners

Doesn’t it now act as a staging post for most of the gak that comes in to Europe?

So… no Somalia? No nose-bag!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Somalia.

qwerty
    Free Member

certain UK health care professionals can earn 3+ times their salery working in Somalia as compared to the NHS!

Oh – and whilst they’re not your traditional type, pirates are cooooooool (subject to being captured)!!!!

qwerty
    Free Member

PS: its not easy being a pirate:

Another unusual revelation that Stig’s research has gleaned is that many Somalis enter into piracy to support their many wives – some have as many as 13! A common complaint he hears from pirates is how their family networks rapidly increase after they begin earning money from hijacks; unknown and distant cousins begin appearing at their doorsteps, asking for a slice of the profits.

ref: http://www.wales.ac.uk/en/NewsandEvents/News/General/ProfessorAmongPirates.aspx

wrecker
    Free Member

And we’re going to see A LOT more dead ones in the near future.

Rubber_Buccaneer

There used to be a lot of Somalis working on UK ships as legitimate sailors rather than pirates. I guess they were cheap. All the ones I met were decent enough.

binners

Blimey! If you had 13 wives, you’d be heading out to sea and shooting people too 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

No, I’d be too knackered from all the shagging 🙂

mogrim

No, I’d be too knackered from all the shagging

You’re not married / not been married long, then? 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I suspect the opprobrium directed at the OP derives from the choice of language. The point of any country is to provide somewhere to live for its inhabitants, obviously, and I think Somalia does that like any other.

Asking what the point is comes across as being very derogatory.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Not sure I get your point. Is there a reason why Somalia should impress you in some way?

Ha brilliant.

What tyres for Somalia ?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

It’ll be a useful location for the MOD to send squaddies to top up their tans after Afghanistan packs in.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What's the point of Somalia…?’ is closed to new replies.