Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whats the parking situation at Finnieston Glasgow?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m going to the Hydro tomorrow night and intend to leave work at 5ish then drive over to Finnieston to park. Then go into town for something to eat.

Last time I parked there parking was free after 6pm round by the Citroen garage and near the station . Any idea what the situation is now?

Thanks.

althepal

Still the same but guessing it’ll be a nightmare now the Hydros on the go but you seem to have been before so you’ll know that already.. I usually try and park up at Argylr st/St Vincent street.. takes you a few more minutes to walk back to the car but then less traffic to get through on the way back to thr M8 at charing cross.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks, yeh argyl street, park terrace, or round the back of the skipark is another option. I reckon if I’m there about 5:30 parking shouldn’t be too bad and I’ll just pay for 30 minutes.

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s free on Kelvinhaugh St 24/7. Safe too. About 10-15 mins walk from Hydro.

If it was me, and I was trying to avoid the traffic, I’d park around Park Circus area (free after 6pm) then walk to the Hydro through the park (just under a mile, 7 mins to finnieston then another 7 to the Hydro). Reason being, it’s very safe and you can get east or west on the M8 with minimal queuing. In addition, you’re only 10 mins walk from town back to your car after you’ve had something to eat (it’s equidistant from Hydro/town)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks, lots of options then. I’ll try round minerva street first, easy access on to the M8, and if nothing there I’ll try the others.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

There is a set of offices over the other side of the river, next to the IMAX, separate entrance just before the roundabout fo rthe carpark entrance. I park there if going to SECC, Armadillo etc. Free and covered by cameras, still Govan though!

Cferg
    Free Member

This might be a bit late but parking near the garage on the street isnt advisable. Every night there is something on at the SECC/Hydro the parking wardens have an absolute field day, every other car has a ticket. I’m presuming you can pay but just watch where you park.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Um I thought the meters finished at 6pm?

Yeh I’ve parked over the other side of the river before but on the road, are there no security barriers then?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whats the parking situation at Finnieston Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.