Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What's the odds of me getting home in one piece? (Snow content)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sunny side up?
    Death or Glory?
    Slim?
    None?
    Are you out of your MIND????

(That’s my transport in the foreground…..)

iphone_pic by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

uplink
    Free Member

Stay off that front brake 🙂

z1ppy

Not sure “Death or Glory?” are actually odd’s but MTFU and get on with it! 😈

Though I don’t envy your journey at all, even with propet trail/mud tyres I remember my KMX being scary in the snow.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

😆

The snow has just kicked in big time. We gritted the yard just there this AM, and it’s snowed straight over the top in about 20mins…..!

binners

erm…. do you want to send me your co-ordinates? I’ll ring the air ambulance in advance

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MTFU and get on with it!

That’s the only choice I have…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

You’ll be ok – just get that snow off the windshield first.

Torminalis
    Free Member

It is coming down pretty heavily in Farnham and doesn’t look like it is letting up. Where you coming from?

thomthumb
    Free Member

foot out drift action! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Farnham!

uplink
    Free Member

Do you have time to fashion some outriggers from bits & pieces laid around?

http://www.trikealternative.com/

philconsequence
    Free Member

no chance buddy, we’ll ride in your honour on sunday and bring a flag to tie to elfins seat-post at half mast.

binners

I once contemplated riding my GSX-R 750 to work in the snow. I got about 5 yards before realising that this was the most spectacularly stupid idea anyone had ever had. Ever! I got the bus. If I were you I’d do the same

robdob
    Free Member

There was a bloke on the radio who said he set off an hour early but his normal 1hr 12 mile journey to Farnborough Hospital had taken him 6 hours so far. He’d only got 8 miles IIRC.
    Easier to walk?
    Not many problems up here but I did move the car to the front as it gets trapped in the drifting snow round the back of the house

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That looks like great fun. Your wheels might not survive though.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Well, all I can say old bean is good luck!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I got the bus. If I were you I’d do the same

No busses anywhere near here. I’m in a quarry, and quarries are generally not in the middle of town…..

I’ll be reet!

EDIT

Easier to walk?

7.4 miles?

MrSparkle

I’d give it evens PP.
    Brings back memories of various scary snowy motorbike trips over the years.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You know the drill – feet up ( so you can use the rear brake) feel for the traction and gently does it. You will be fine.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That was the sound of my rear tyre exploding in the office just before lunch. After many years of faithful service the sidewall of one of my beloved ice-spikes finally gave out. The tyre now is held together with duct tape and has a roadie inner tube stuck in it, as it was a last minute bike swap this morning.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Teej, yeah I should be. Apparently the roads are OK, I just need to get out of the yard there!

My first MC test was cancelled due to snow. I’d been riding all morning though

A few years ago I rode my Speed Triple from Alnwick to Fanborough mostly in snow, down the M1. I had a snowdrift up my front. It wasn’t nice, but there was no drama.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got 4 miles on me shonky singlespeed. The snow hasn’t settled here though !

Torminalis
    Free Member

Just tried to go to Aldershot Tesco. 10 feet I made it. Think I will stick around here for now.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just ran four miles mostly off road in the snow/ice – bloody tricky but fun! Tarmac sections not good though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

aldershot tesco?

have you gone mad sir…..

at least mission it to the camberley tesco so there’s less chance of being beaten up in the bread aisle by a 14yr old girl using her sovereign rings to protect her 3 kids!

thomthumb
    Free Member

7.4 miles?

you should take a bike

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I tend to favour the new Sainsburys in Fanborough now. They do lovely bread, and will heat their own pizzas up for £1 which is handy when you’re half way through fitting a kitchen! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

you should take a bike

Yesterday I did. But I don’t cycle every day. Might be out riding tonight, see? 🙂

Torminalis
    Free Member

Aldershot tesco is well nang. I shan’t have a bad word said against it. All of the squaddies and the slappers keep it interesting and the scenery… oh the scenery. Be still my heart, Tescos I am yours.

glenh
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-umJJPAAOw[/video]

ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s going to be hard work going home. 7 inches in the car park.

Was most annoyed this morning to find someone had beaten me to the virgin snow on the way to work, but hoping now that someone’s created a track through for the way back.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

7 inches in the car park.

You’ll get arrested for that

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Just got me spikes on and the roads have cleared here 😡

Send yer snow over here!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m just going outside, I may be some time. 😯

cinnamon_girl

Pete – just back from a Swinley ride. There was blizzard conditions and the snow is settling!

Take care on your journey.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aldershot tesco is well nang

Innit dat

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No stress, really. It was a bit slippy in the yard but the roads are fine, as I knew they were to be honest… I’d been asking the truck drivers that were coming in 😉

Drac

HA! Snow.

ebygomm
    Free Member

My commute home was awesome, took a little longer, but def quicker than the car even taking into account photo stopping time

souldrummer
    Free Member

Left work in Aldershot earlier than normal. Glad I did as the snow is much worse in Guildford than Aldershot. Journey back was unpleasant to say the least. Was very glad to put the car in the garage. Can’t say I am looking forward to the journey tomorrow morning. Might try the train, although chances are they will be chaos!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What's the odds of me getting home in one piece? (Snow content)’ is closed to new replies.