Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • Whats the nicest car youv’e ever owned and do you regret selling it?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

As above 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Do people really think or worry themselves about this kind of thing?
    A friend had a 79 Lincoln Town Car which was pretty cool although it did get stuck in the BK drive-thru once.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I miss my old Land Rover 90 a hell of a lot, but don’t miss worrying about it getting nicked or breaking down.

Moses

Saab 9000CSE with extras. Fast & furious, big & beautiful, comfortable and quiet.

But no regrets, she’d done 170ooo miles,ans I just don’t need a big car these days

Kuco

Mercedes A-class great fun to drive pretty nippy for a 1.4, economical and great for getting a couple of bikes in. Was glad to see it go though as the most unreliable car i’ve ever owned.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

My old golf, I loved this car 2 owners, mint condition and the last owner was a valeter for Porsche!
    Damn petrol prices made me sell it 🙁

fingerbike
    Free Member

Corrado VR6, sitting in the garage at the moment SORN until I find a job, still in two minds as to whether I should sell it, don’t drive it much anymore, but when I do drive it i’m back to thinking I should keep it…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another MkII Golf lover here. I miss mine, just such a great car!

pimpmyride
    Free Member

my image hosting isn’t working ?

hicksville
    Free Member

mk2 golf gti 8v power assisted steering with factory fitted sunroof and yes still long for itnow, best car I have owned. For me better than the 16v

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Can anyone get this to work?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Stu

pedalhead
    Free Member

I had a 1972 MG Midget that was loads of fun (when it worked), but my favourite was my first new car, 2001 Audi S3. Loved it…

pimpmyride
    Free Member

how did you do that stu? wouldn’t work for me?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My Beetle was a smashing car. Bog standard but put a smile on my face every time. Bags of character.

MK2 XR2. What a motor, like a go cart. Didn’t sell it but rolled it. Get in.!

Keva
    Free Member

my Mk III Golf 1.8 GL. 1996 N reg. I still have it. me = 2nd owner.

Joxster
    Free Member

My Saab 9-3 Convertable, haven’t sold it yet but may have to because of company car. It’s a Monte Carlo yellow one with 50,000 on the clock.

Every time I drive it I have a huge grin. Roof down, music loud and the sunburn on the head. 8)

davey99
    Free Member

Ford Granada 2.9 24v Cosworth.
    Fast, roomy, handled, all the toys you could want and the company paying the fuel bills…
    D.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

woo hoo did it 🙂

[b]

pimpmyride
    Free Member

MK2 XR2. What a motor, like a go cart. Didn’t sell it but rolled it. Get in.! lol!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Miss my GT4. It sits unloved currently awaiting spare cash to get her running again. Any nice sweepy country road gives me a tinge of sadness as I’m not driving it, it always made me grin and lightened my day. The commute home was never a bore even when stuck in traffic. Comfy, fast, good handling, a little bit way, a little bit woah. And the ability to 4-wheel drift round deserted wet roundabouts at night is sorely missed. It was a car that felt as comfy cruising sensibly through a 30 zone at 25, or screaming at full bore down an open B road.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

1967 Ford Mustang Convertible, just like this, except mine didn’t have the rally pack (fog lights in the grill):

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

This one. I miss trying to get the inside rear wheel off the ground.

Waves to fellow golf lovers.

donald
    Free Member

One of these (not the actual car)

No I don’t regret selling it – 14mpg wasn’t affordable

Surfr
    Free Member

Close call between the 3.2L TT or the RX8. Sold the TT but still got the RX8. I do miss the torque of the V6 and the build and interior of the Audi. RX8 is more spacious in the back although bike carrying was probably slightly easier in the TT with a hatch rear.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Me MX5 and Amazon

rs
    Free Member

All the greenies will hate me for this one but I don’t care, Ford Escape 3 L V6 4WD, current vehicle after owning 3 fiesta’s and a questionable Audi A4 and I **** love it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not as much as thye’ll have cynic-al for his Amazon 😀

Used to love our old Classic Rangerover, that was lovely to drive. Stresses of the world seemed to pass you by when perched high up. Loads of time to react to stuff (you needed it!) and views of the country around werent blocked by hedges and other traffic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Amazon did 25mg, plenty worse around…

simon_g

My 106GTi:

Owned it for nearly 6 years, only sold because I changed jobs and was doing silly mileage.

For the money, nothing else I’ve driven that’s capable of carrying 2 people + 2 bikes has come close.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Amazon did 25mg, plenty worse around…

Yup, agreed. My GT4 for one (generally got ~21, sometimes as low as 17, sometimes as high as 34 :D)

alwyn
    Free Member

1972 MGB GT, I still use it everyday and get a bike in the back.

coffeeking
    Free Member

alwyn – you only just bought it, what the “still use it every day”?! Expecting it to fall apart any time soon? 😀

alwyn
    Free Member

Yes I am, it may have to go if I can’t find anywhere to store it for a year.

I don’t think I can really take it to Glasgow.

Hadge
    Free Member

Miss my Golf too. Not a GTi but still a good looker and far easier get a bike in than my BMW 330Ci which I have now

but I would miss this if it went. Fabulous car to drive but god does it drink the juice

samuri
    Free Member

Technically not mine but my dad had an RX7 for a while and I used that for a few months while inbetween cars. That was a wonderful car to drive and made such a scary noise when you floored it.

Best car i’ve ever owned myself, is probably my current one, and I am so going to suffer for this, a Diesel Honda Accord. 😉 So comfy, like being in an arm chair in a living room.

antigee

Alfasud TI

likethisone

flat4 twin weber carbs leather interior – fast for the time

got rid of it when needed new handbrake for MOT – believe it or not you had to take the engine out to get to the brake which was in the middle of the front drive shaft

richcc
    Free Member

Had one of these – just a great all round car. Bikes and anything else you could think of fitted nicely in the back too – surprisingly practical. Regret selling it – yep!

JulianA
    Free Member

Late Mk 1 Passat. Went well, handled well, went on for ages. Lovely car. Didn’t sell it, had to scrap it as it was on its last legs.

Also loved our 1.8 Mk2 Golf, but it had to go as the gearbox was playing up.

Do love our current cars though: 1.8T Octavia and 1.8 Passat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Whats the nicest car youv’e ever owned and do you regret selling it?’ is closed to new replies.