Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • whats the name of the internet based radio station that you can stream bbc from?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

out of country so iplayer or bbc hosted radio doesnt work.

I think that there is a site which you can stream radio through in real time.

anyone know what it is?

need 6music!

bruneep
    Solo
    Free Member

I’ve used the beebobodge / beebotron, thing.

🙂

sl2000

out of country so iplayer or bbc hosted radio doesnt work.

It should do – http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/outside_the_uk/radio_world

mugsys_m8

I can confirm that the BBC iplayer works for RADIO in France, Azerbaijan, Georgia (ex USSR one, not the state in USA) and Mauritania.

The TV does not officially work but there are ways around this that I looked into but never used.

Dan

zokes
    Free Member

I can confirm that the BBC iplayer works for RADIO in France, Azerbaijan, Georgia (ex USSR one, not the state in USA) and Mauritania.

The TV does not officially work but there are ways around this that I looked into but never used.

Dan

I can add to this list with Singapore, Germany, Australia and New Zealand, and likewise the TV can be made to work in these places too with a little effort…

higgo
    Free Member

I can confirm that it works in a few places too for most radio But when I’ve used either iPlayer on my laptop or ‘Tune In’ on my phone to try to listen live football, they both know I’m abroad and won’t let me.

Laptop is a work one so I can’t install anything on that to get round the problem. I know it’s all tied up with how the Prem League sells the rights but I’m a BBC licence payer and should be able to listen to it wherever I jolly well like. 😡

alpin
    Free Member

never had a problem streaming live radio or listening to old programmes.

so how do i get to watch iplayer video content?

and why does the BBc provide these programmes for a small fee? if it was say £1 for and hour long programme i’m sure they’d make their money….

footflaps

to use iplayer abroad you need to use a Proxy service which hides you behind a UK IP address….

choron
    Free Member

For chrome or firefox, have a look at a plugin called “modify headers” or “modheaders”. Enables all kinds of browser trickery to hide your location.

zokes
    Free Member

Ah, yes, Test Match Special seems to vanish from 5LSE iPlayer often over here in Oz. Strangely, it vanishes less often from R4LW through – perhaps they forget to turn it off…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘whats the name of the internet based radio station that you can stream bbc from?’ is closed to new replies.