• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Whats the MTB magazines injury photo email or link?
  • superfli
    Free Member

Was attempting the SDW in a perfect day today with a mate. 41miles in (in 4hrs – which was great going despite 2 punctures and a slowy), and my mate loses it on the worst surface you can imagine to lose it on – hardpacked, with lots of flints sticking out (Bignor Hill). Hands come off the handlebars and he takes a 25-30mph slide across the flints.
    I feared the worst, but checked his bike over and amazingly it only took a graze to the grip and seat! He however, was badly sliced open on his elbow. Also lots of cuts to hands, knee and waist. Obviously it put an end to the day as I phoned the missus to bail us out. Some very kind folk on the SDW offered to lend a hand, but fortunately we had a first aid kit which was required to strap it up with (although it soaked through pretty quick).

Needless to say we took him to A+E. Its an open fracture and prob requires an overnight stay. He was quite excited at the thought of some busty nurse giving him a bed bath…

Anyway, I’ve seen picks in mags before of injuries, I reckon this qualifies!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Whats the MTB magazines injury photo email or link?’ is closed to new replies.