Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What's the most you've ever paid…..
  • piemann
    Free Member

…for a pint of beer?

I rode up to the Wizard in Alderley Edge at the weekend, really looking forward to a beer at the top of the steep climb.

£3.90 for a pint of Peroni?!? WTF???

So, what's the most expensive pint in the UK?

Also, i'm not talking about how much a pint has cost you (e.g. I had one pint and ended my career/relationship/passion for biking(shudder); just how much of your hard earned cash you had to hand over.

I am Scottish btw and quite tight-fisted

BlingBling
    Free Member

In london around £5
    In Stockholm around £6
    In Rekyavik around £7
    In Tokyo around £10 for a Guinness (in a dodgy club)
    I only had 1 pint in that place 😮

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I know you said 'in the uk', but about five years ago, a group of us were in Harrys bar in Paris, and were charged 22 quid for four halves of Amstel. Suppose it goes without saying we didnt bother staying for another.

epicyclo

piemann – Member
    …I am Scottish btw…

Then asking about beer is redundant. 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

About ten quid in Milan a few years ago. I paid £3.50 for a pint of Fosters in Coltishall, Norfolk a couple of weeks ago. I thought that was a bit steep.

baldSpot
    Free Member

think i paid £9 in Oslo Airport 2 years ago. Normally pay around £4.50 (Sweden)

mossimus
    Free Member

£7.50 at pub opposite London Bridge Station.
    £15 a pint of Guinness in Courchevel

white101

£4.95 for san miguel Barca in Jan this year

coffeeking
    Free Member

Somewhere in the centre of london I paid £4.25 for a pint of the black stuff. That was the last time I went there. I have no intentions of returning!

Recently paid 3.20 for a pint of Keo that, in Cyprus where it's made, I paid £1.

white101

£3.50 at the cricket the other week

nedrapier

I spent a few hours in the Lowlander in London the other day, trying out lots of speciality Belgian beers. That wasn't cheap.

http://www.lowlander.com/our-beers/blonde-beers-and-golden-ales/1

ski
    Free Member

I a club in London ordering two pints got £2 change from a £20 note and kicked out for complaining, so that was £9 a pint that I did not even get to drink!

Maybe the question would be more helpful if it was put the other way round 😉

Where have you had a cheap, decent pint?

Olly
    Free Member

i was in paris the other weekend.
    one cafe charged us 7 quid for a pint of coke.
    a cup of tea was quite often around 6 quid.
    with milk as an optional extra!! (around another 2 quid)

on the flip side, when i first went to aber uni, while the chavvy/rugger bugger, hangouts were charging 3 quid for a pint of carling, the back pubs were charging a single quid for a pint of locally brewed ale/cider/stout.

TOP!

Mister-P
    Free Member

The local student bar still does a pound a pint night on a Tuesday. You will be running to the bathroom all day Wednesday though.

nbt

outside of That London, the most expensive in a regular pub (not counting weddings, gigs and other such captive markets) was £3.40 for a pint of Black Sheep, somewhere up above Marsden. I thought he'd charge me for the crisps they don't sell, till I heard him charge someone else the same price!

uplink
    Free Member

lots of silly prices abroad & in clubs & the like

In a pub in the UK?

Doesn't that poncy chef Marco Pierre White charge £5/pint in his pub in Newbury?

noteeth
    Free Member

A couple of pints of lager on a date with ____ ____, sometime in 1997. The drinks were cheap enough, but would eventually result in events that I paid for with my… mind. 8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In Reading the price is regulalry £4.something.

We got barred form Sheffield Unions £1 a pint night on Mondays. Apparently sitting 20 to a table and drinking games form opening to closing is not acceptable 🙂

Cheepest pint? I used to DJ, free beer all night, used to get unbelievably pissed before my set, thankfully it was usualy towards the end of the night so no-one would notice. Still feels wierd paying to get into clubs and having to buy drinks in them, happy memories of doing some promo work for gatecrasher, then being wisked upto the VIP area and given a bottle of vodca each 🙂 😆 🙂 😆

yoshimi

Was over in the West of Ireland coiuple of weeks ago – 1 Guiness, 1 Heineken, 2 Tia Maria and Cokes = 22Euro – felt like I'd beeen raped!

In this country n a normal pub, probably about £3.50

I miss the cheap Holts pubs I used to go in a lot – still only just over £2 for a beer

One pub up here in chorley does BOGOF on lager so 2 pints for about £2.50 and all pints £2 on a friday

grumm
    Free Member

The pub at the bottom of the hill to Whinlatter is probably the priciest pint of ale I've had £3.50 ish I think. I've regularly paid £4.50 a pint for silly wheat beers etc but that's a bit different.

Think about 7 euros is the most I've paid for a pint anywhere – in alpe d'huez

coffeeking
    Free Member

As said above, most uni bars and pubs in the close vicinity will lob out drinks at £1.50 a pint. I remember when our union bar went from £1 a pint to £1.25, there was uproar! But they corrected that with BOGOF with every exam paper you presented 🙂

Offroading
    Free Member

The Dome in Edinburgh, pint of fosters set me back £4.50

I don't mind paying extra if it's a nice place though. The GF appreciated the location although my wallet didn't.

Philby

I'm sure I paid £3.90 for a pint of the guest ale in the Albion in Clifton, Bristol – ludicrous. I remember the days of a pint costing 37 pence.

samuri
    Free Member

bars with dancing ladies tend to cost a lot more. I've paid about 7 or 8 quid for a pint in one of those. It was horrible, the dancing ladies weren't much better.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think we paid around £25 for 4 pints(?) of Caffreys in LesGets.
    I also paid £15 for 2 Bacardi & Cokes at the Hazlewood Castle Hotel near Tadcaster!

TimP
    Free Member

That is cheap for Ireland!

Pints are all 4.50e minimum in Kinsale. Spirit and mixer about 8e

In London, Infernos did a half of 1664 in the VIP bar for £3.60

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Go to any Sam Smiths owned/operated pub – the Borough Baliff in Knaresborough does proper ale naturally brewed without additives. And it is about £1.30 a pint.

I can get nicely pissed and get a taxi home for £15.

(and the taxi costs £12.40 😉

zbonty

£10 for a pint of coke in Meribel this year.

£8 for 330ml bottle of beer in Spain last week.

Infact anywhere with Euros is gonna hurt.

lunge

Overseas – £9 for a pint somewhere on ski slope in La Plagne

UK – £5 ish for something expensive and Belgian in an otherwise forgettable bar near Stourbridge I would have thought

Cheap – Obviously paid less in the past but there is a real ale pub close to be that regularly does good beer for around £1.50 a pint which is a bargain in my eyes

MrAgreeable

Philby, that's a shame, I always thought the Albion were pretty good at not adding the Clifton Quid to their prices.

Gig venues are pretty bad for drinks prices I find. £3.70 for a tin of Red Stripe or an undrinkable piss-weak draft lager in a squishy plastic glass? Hurrah!

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Paris last month, 10 Euro for a pint of Heineken.

Who's more stupid, them for asking that much for it or us for paying???

tinker-belle
    Free Member

4 years ago in London was charged £19.50 for a vodka & red bull

Ok so it's not a pint, but I don't drink pints. Also haven't drunk Vodka and anything for many years now either

ourmaninthenorth

I rode up to the Wizard in Alderley Edge at the weekend, really looking forward to a beer at the top of the steep climb.

Steep? Really?

I think that's just a little fib you told yourself to justify having a pint with the millionaires of Alderley…. 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

The cheapest pint – around 50 pence for a pint of Zywiec in Chorzow (where England used to play Poland in every tournament qualifiers) a month ago.
    The dearest pint – some wheat beer at The Devonshire Arms R.I.P. in Camden Town, about £7.50 per pint.
    Normally, any Weatherperson pub will do. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Oh, and it's cheap too.

Kahurangi

£5.50 for pisswater (Kronenbourg) in a plastic cup at Koko in London watching British Sea Power. At that price I just didn't bother having a drink and my mate wished he'd not bothered either!

JulianA
    Free Member

And I thought £3.50 was steep for a pint of Kronenbourg Blanc was steep in one of the pubs where I live! Nice beer, though, and fantastic food…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

France, last year – 7 Euro for a pint of Leffe, 8 euro for a pint of cider, and eighteen **** Euros for an Ardbeg 😯

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

£18 quid for a bottle of becks in Hong Kong- i didn't know it was a hostess bar honest! Drank about the necks worth and left.

27 euro for a bottle of beer in Belgium last week. It was lovely.

alpin
    Free Member

if i was a barman i'd charge you more for drinking poncy peroni or black gruel…

a decent pint of local beer probably wouldn't cost so much.

*haven't really bought a pint for around a year or more in the UK.

Jammy111
    Free Member

20 quid for a corona and a jagermeister/red bull. v expensive considering the prices at other places in prague. the view was nice though if you catch my drift 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What's the most you've ever paid…..’ is closed to new replies.