Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What's the most technical trail in England? photos please.
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Princess Diana's seatbelt on Leith Hill….

crazy-legs

Some nice photos (and good choices of technical trails) in the stuff above but there's plenty of trails in and around Calderdale which would piss all over those from a great height!

Different kind of tech though, not the wild remote rocky tech in the Lakes, much more tight steep loamy singletrack.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the one i found down grizedale the other week!

Started off with a small bog

Then a few medium paced messy corners

Followed by what felt like miles and miles of roots, not just a few isolated twigs, a whole hillside covered in roots as thick as my arms and legs and a track worn over/through/arround them!

Before being spat out onto a stupidly fast gravel section i'd ridden before, the only limit to speed is how many corners you dare let off the brakes before untill the sensible part of your brain tells you that there could well be a walker/dog/drystone wall/slippery wooden bridge arround the corner (all were found!)

Seemed to be everything a trail center isn't condensed into 3 miles of singletrack!

To find it look for the bridleway going through "lawsons park"

Bumhands
    Free Member

You need to go to Scotland for that.

Fort William DH is pretty tech.

mos

Stake Lane down into Mytholmroyd is pretty nadgy.

mikey74
    Free Member

Princess Diana's seatbelt on Leith Hill….

What is that and where on Leith Hill?

freeridenick
    Free Member

mikey74, if you were standing at the tower looking south. follow the fence down to the right and around to the area with picnic tables etc. There is a small gap/gulley in the shrubs by a thorn bush. look down there and all shall be revealed….

mikey74
    Free Member

ah cheers mate. I will have a look next time I am there.

hora
    Free Member

Some nice photos (and good choices of technical trails) in the stuff above but there's plenty of trails in and around Calderdale which would piss all over those from a great height!

Different kind of tech though, not the wild remote rocky tech in the Lakes, much more tight steep loamy singletrack.

sssssshhhhhhh! 🙄 😆

(Said it before, Calderdale&Hebden is the rocky-northern version of the North Downs/Surrey Hills).

Its flat- nothing special and full of lezzers.

jam-bo

Fort William DH is pretty tech.

its long, fast and brutal but its certainly not a tech track…

kaiser
    Free Member

Very strange question
    if you mean already established trail then I can understand ..but otherwise technical could mean any route however dangerous that you are prepared to go down !!!

Sim

Stake Lane down into Mytholmroyd is pretty nadgy.
    S'not that bad, most of it is jumpable. Bit vague at the bottom at the mo due to long grass.

Drac

Yup got to admit Calderdale has some what I call technical riding, I love a rocky decent but not really technical as such unless there's rocky steps and drops with tight turns.

Thrunton woods has some cracking technical bits in well on par with Calderdale and one hidden bit that reminds me very much of Verbier.

clareymorris

Parkedtiger – still laughing at "oh grass, i love you"

anc
    Free Member

Sprinkling tarn to styhead then Stockley Bridge to seathwaite pretty tough but all rideable. Rossetts gills wayyyyy to mental to realistically be a bike route for me. Dollywagon pitched section definitely up there in the lakes the big drainage trough(you'll know which one if you've come down it 😯 ) always traumatises me!! Whiteless pike front to buttermere all rideable and has a couple of seriously techy sections. All lakes though plenty similar in scotland and wales I should imagine.

Drac

This gives no impression just how steep this part is but a rough idea of Thrunton.

dgrider
    Free Member

Thanks for all your suggestions. Glad no one has listed Dalby…

parkedtiger
    Free Member

clareymorris – Member

Parkedtiger – still laughing at "oh grass, i love you"

Would you believe I didn't go over the bars last night – a first ! 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What's the most technical trail in England? photos please.’ is closed to new replies.