Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whats the most safe/secure way of buying from the classifieds?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

with regards to payment, does it all work wholly on trust or is there a safer/safeish way of paying people rather than posting your dosh and hoping…

uplink
    Free Member

I'm afraid that it really

just look at the sellers history – if they're just here to sell bits or very new, I'd avoid them
    if they've been around a bit – chances are they'll be OK

lowey

Face to face cash

crazy-legs

Check their posting history on the forum – if they're regulars then it's a fair bet they'll be OK.

I've only ever sold a few bits and pieces on the Classifieds, never had any problems and people have paid me by bank transfer, cheque and cash on collection.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Lowey has it! Get up there with the Nelsons, look the item over and offer what it's worth to you …. end of!!

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you pay paypal, and you're not sure, then don't make it a gift, make it a payment for an item. Yes someone pays charges, but if you pay as gift, you have no recompense if the person just doesn't send you the stuff.

For big things like bikes I'd only buy if I could see them (and pay cash), or knew who the person was.

Joe

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you're emailing then ask the seller to use their work email if possible, then at least you know where to find them should something go wrong. Posting history is useful too.
    I bought a frame off the classifieds recently and the fact that the seller had posted loads and the used his company email for correspondance made me feel alot easier when handing over money.

tazzymtb

I always buy and sell face to face, that way everyone gets a chance to properly check stuff over and make sure they are satisified with the goods. It's also good to put a face to the name.

ton

buy from me…

Mark

Premier Members have paid for their account upgrade and registered their full contact details with us. We can't ever divulge them without their written consent* but it does mean they are a lot more likely to be genuine.

*apart from a legal request from the police or a court.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whats the most safe/secure way of buying from the classifieds?’ is closed to new replies.