Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • What's the most random thing that's happened to you when riding?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Alright – a toroid. Happy?

poppa
    Free Member

A sausage is nothing like a toroid! Even a Cumberland.

molgrips
    Free Member

No of course not. But if your toroidal cross-section is a sufficiently long elipse…

Anyway perhaps toroid was wrong. Think more.. a giant swiss roll made of air rolling down the mountainside towards me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poppa
    Free Member

You'd have to use the creaming method to get a sponge that light, I don't think the all-in-one method would cut it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wasn't that light – the tent really shook.

I didn't check the tent for cream and jam tho.. interesting idea.

nickc

cycling in Majorca along a lovely winding piece of slightly descending singletrack through some trees, up ahead I can see a crest, high enough to obscure the rest of trail, no biggie, I think, I change up a few gears, and pick up a bit of speed, as I approach the start of the crest, it's actually quite deep sandy soil, which grabs my front wheel, and dumps me on the ground. Lying on the ground I can hear very distinctly now the crashing of waves against rocks, I pick up the bike, and walk to the top of the crest, where the trails ends in a 200ft cliff straight to the sea, the trail, I can see goes faintly to the right…

I sat and gathered, for a moment…

Bregante

I swallowed a bee on my way home from work about two years ago. It felt like it was lodged in my throat and my windpipe closed up. I was about a maile from the local a&e and rode straight there. Had to have an xray on my throat and it was found to be all clear but was swollen, either due to a sting, or an allergic reaction. A quick injection of anti-hystemine and home in time for tea.

pistola
    Free Member

'Rear-ended' a bat flying along a track between hedgerows one night. The bat had to be extracted from my helmet vent. 'twas OK tho, just flew off. Gave me a hell of a fright.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What's the most random thing that's happened to you when riding?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts