Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)
  • What's the most petty thing that really grinds your gears and boils your wee?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

For some reason people leaving their shopping list in their trolley after returning it. Really pisses me off! Not sure why. 😈

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Binners

bearnecessities

This place 76.9% of the time.

And stupid statistics.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

See, when he does that thing at 42 secs in?: ‘if you can find one, grind me a pound’

[video]https://youtu.be/NTLnzh1iNH0[/video]

Well it’s not that, what really gets my micturate into a rolling boil is all that the talking through a cigarette, and that constantly taking his eyes off the road to look at the camera.

funkmasterp

😡 :evil:Those little tray things that people have for leaving tea bags on. The bins there, right there 😡

Rubber_Buccaneer

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Binners

He said petty not pretty 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

People who can’t properly use superlatives….

Possibly my pettiest Gruppe.

anagallis_arvensis

People who put the small trolleys in with the big trolleys or vica versa so they cannt be stacked neatly…drives me **** mad how hard is it?

samunkim
    Free Member

Dog Poo bags in trees. and I can’t work out what to do about it.

I usually cycle in a nice woodland SSI and will pick up Mcdonalds wrappers and energy drink bottles but …….

scaredypants

shit drivers

not dangerous per se, they’re taken as read, just shit ones – no anticipation, no forewarning of other road users (indicate whilst, or after starting a manoeuvre) zero observation, crashing through potholes’n’shit, clipping kerbs …

even just seeing a car tortured like that’s bad enough

and then you start imagining that you could be cycling on the same road 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“me and John” instead of “John and I”
    Using adjectives in the place of adverbs
    Feet on seats in trains

Matts Wilanders commentary now in the Aussie Open final

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Dog Poo bags in trees. and I can’t work out what to do about it.

I first misread that as:

Dog Poo bags in trees. and I can’t work out how to do it

gobuchul
    Free Member

Dog Poo bags in trees.

shit drivers

Fail.

Neither are petty but are proper issues.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Parking on pavements. And This new thing about taking up two parking spaces in a car park. I have a small car and will always carefully squeeze in beside these bellweather’s even if it means leaving a two-inch gap. I encourage everyone to do the same so they have to climb in through the boot. 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

My number one is saying “myself” when it should be “me”

Asking for a cappuccino and getting a massive bucket of scalding hot un frothed milk

Bags of dog poo

Getting dry after a shower, it’s so boring!

Drac

Toilet roll on the holder the wrong way around.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Poor lane discipline from pedestrians. Is it really that hard to walk in a straight line?

whytesky
    Free Member

People going into parking spaces forwards, Why? It really really really irritates me which is a rather pointless and pathetic thing to get peeved with.

Also, same as jambourgie, people who park across two spaces, or just not properly within their space. I too make a point of parking in the neighbouring space, albeit properly, thus leaving them with zero space on one side.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

people who park across two spaces, or just not properly in their space

no.

slowoldman

Toilet roll on the holder the wrong way around.

But is it?

Anyway my pet peeves.
    People who grind to a halt at the top of escalators.
    Litter – any litter, yes that includes banana skins.

vickypea
    Free Member

jambourgie- I have a small car and I do the same as you, squeeze in next to the berks who overlap the lines to point out the error in their ways

sweepy
    Free Member

Also, same as jambourgie, people who park across two spaces, or just not properly within their space. I too make a point of parking in the neighbouring space, albeit properly, thus leaving them with zero space on one side.

I used to love the van for this, just drive in with room for a fag paper on each side, then leave by the back door 🙂

scaredypants

gobuchul – Member
    Neither are petty but are proper issues

Poor grammar is a proper issue too 😉

John and I

Petty things that amuse me include using “John and me” wherever I can (correctly) do so and imagining the itch inside the heads of some folk 😀

maccruiskeen

Parking meters in glasgow and edinburgh don’t accept 10p coins

maccruiskeen

People going into parking spaces forwards, Why?

So that their boot is facing the trolley?

jakd95
    Free Member

When people don’t take the plastic film/paper layer off some sort of food item in a tub that also has a plastic lid.

zippykona

The red light plus one more car mentality that is becoming the norm in our country.
    You **** got us out of europe so now start behaving like proper English people and stop when the light says stop.

tjagain

cyclists who never look over their shoulder and who have rubbish road positioning. Not talking about the student / ned types who ignore everything in the highway code but folk who clearly are regular commuters

things like one bit of road with two lanes going south – the left hand one of which turns left – they cycle on the white line between the two lanes allowing cars to squeeze past on both sides. Makes me shudder

docgeoffyjones

When people take there photo in a mirror but don’t turn the camera around so it is no longer in the shot.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not talking about the student / ned types who ignore everything in the highway code but folk who clearly are regular commuters

I just tried applying the same latitudinal generosity to similar social categories of motorists. I mean car-drivers. And it boiled my wee.

wilburt
    Free Member

Parking on pavements is the most clear outward display of stupidity obviously but its not petty.

I think is doorway blockers, those people who upon entering a busy building just stop in the narrowest point usually the doorway and decide to look for their purse or wallet.

Please step to the side or my 90kg may bump into you.

leffeboy

Major company websites that ask you to do satisfaction surveys as soon as you land on them

Websites that make you scroll 3 million miles to the bottom of their friendly responsive site, waiting for each new screen to render, just to change the language or region 🙁

wilburt
    Free Member

Immediately after posting that I got on my scales and it had been turned back to medival weight units.

Thats despite me buying a second set of scales for those in the house prefer lbs and whatever.

Right now thats the top of my petty annoyance list.

Cougar

People deliberately parking really close to you when you’ve gone out of your way to park at the back of the car park so your car door doesn’t end up looking like the surface of the moon.

Poor lane discipline from pedestrians. Is it really that hard to walk in a straight line?

Oh gods, 100% this. How people can single-handedly block off an entire eight-foot wide supermarket aisle just amazes me.

Similarly, kids that run erratically around the place whilst looking in an entirely different direction (and when they ricochet off my knees it’s somehow my fault for standing where they wanted to run). I used to run everywhere when I was little but at least I looked where I was bloody going.

Cougar

Major company websites that ask you to do satisfaction surveys as soon as you land on them

“Tell us what you think of our website!” I can’t, I’ve not ****ing seen it yet.

Companies that sign you up to their (email / postal) mailing lists without asking whenever you buy anything. “Tell us why you’re unsubscribing?” Because I didn’t subscribe in the first place you monumental bastards.

I still get regular catalogues from a stationery company after buying an office chair from them fifteen years ago, and Charles Tyrwhitt must have spent more in paper than I ever spent on buying a shirt for my wedding two years ago (and despite me telling them that I wasn’t buying anything from them ever again unless they could give me the option of a courier who isn’t Yodel).

slowoldman

start behaving like proper English German people and stop when the light says stop.

FTFY

Cougar

Confirmation bias maybe, but it seems to me that red-light jumping is on the increase, both in quantity and severity. It’s not uncommon to see two or three cars follow someone who’s already shot through as it’s turning red.

I had a cyclist do it to me on a motorway roundabout a little while ago. You know the ones where one set turns green the instant the other turns red rather than being on a second or so’s delay? It’s a good job I always look around rather than blindly assuming “green = go” or he’d have landed somewhere on the M60, asshat.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

People eating crisps in my office.

smell_it
    Free Member

People who dress in sports wear when not doing sport, and lifestyle dressers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘What's the most petty thing that really grinds your gears and boils your wee?’ is closed to new replies.