Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's the most painless way to transfer everything to a new Android phone?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Got a OnePlus 3 arriving next week to replace my Jiayu S3 (which is still going but I fancied an upgrade).

Never swapped Androids before …… what’s the best way to transfer everything from the old phone to the new one?

scotroutes

Everything?

Have you set up syncing to your Google account? That’ll do contacts etc. Logging into Play Store on your new phone should show all the apps you need to reinstall. Photos should be in Google Photos, emails in Inbox.

If you’ve fully adopted the Google world then it’s remarkably easy.

Music files may need backed up and restored.

aracer
    Free Member

SMS Backup+ for one of the few things Google doesn’t automatically sync.

portlyone

You might be given the option to transfer all by NFC

lucky7500

You might be given the option to transfer all by NFC

+1 The process is very easy if you can use NFC.

Mackem

New phones come with a cable and app to connect your old and new phone together to do a complete transfer. It’s a doddle.

badllama
    Free Member

Copy My Data, needs Wifi to work but its great 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Oh yes I’m fully googled up (mail, contacts, calendar, photos & drive!)

+1 The process is very easy if you can use NFC

Sounds good …. how does it work?

*just installed Copy My Data

wiggles
    Free Member

I just logged into my new one and all the apps contact etc just coppied themselves over on my google account.

Trekster

Broken screen on my old phone means I can’t unlock to do the sharing thing, both Sony phones

lucky7500

Sounds good …. how does it work?

I think I pretty much just turned NFC on, pressed ok a couple of times, then put the old and new phones back to back. The new phone took me through the whole process.
    I have no idea how it actually works though!!

Cougar

Broken screen on my old phone means I can’t unlock to do the sharing thing, both Sony phones

That’s ok, just use your backups.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Turn new phone on, log in to google.
    Can’t remember if you need to send the apps to the new phone via play or not.
    Entire thing was done in under an hour last time. SMS not included but never keep anything significant in there.

Main advantage was getting rid of apps that I never used (there were some for one off events that I never deleted etc. and some that just never get used)

It is worth spending a little time on the PC sorting out your google contacts though if you have not done that for a while.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's the most painless way to transfer everything to a new Android phone?’ is closed to new replies.