Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whats the most intense training session you have done or do on a regular basis?
  • surfer
    Free Member

Just reading about the Tabata Protocol (mentioned by Kingtut on another thread)
    It go me thinking about the hardest training sessions I ever do/did on a regular basis.

The hardest I can recall is something we used to call "1500 metre specials"
    Warm up for 2-3 miles, 5 minutes of strides then 600 metres close to flat out, usually around 1:32. When finishing the 600 dont stop but jog immediately across the track then run 300 metres, again flat out around 46 seconds. 3 minute recovery then repeat between 3 and 4 times.

Of all the sessions over the years in all conditions over all distances thats the one that I recalled as an absolute killer.

What vomit and headache inducing training sessions can you recall?

Kendal
    Free Member

When I used to row it was 3 x 1500m flat out with 3 minutes rest between, on a rowing machine, with the coach monitoring the computer read out and shouting at me.

Last week I did 3 pull ups on my ice axes on the minute, every minute for 30 minutes. First ten minutes were fine, next ten minutes hurt a bit, final ten minutes the only thing keeping my eye balls in my head were my glasses.

DezB
    Free Member

2 hours of boxing training, used to do it weekly about 15 years ago (jeez, that long ago?!). I know this cos I was 30 and had (almost) a 6-pack. Never again will I be that fit. 🙁

surfer
    Free Member

There is something to be said about the benefit of some sessions on a machine such as a Turbo or treadmill or such like. Simply for the unremitting intensity that you can achieve.

I once did a V02 max test when I was at Uni and that involved running to exhaustion, which is pretty dangerous when running flat out on a treadmill!

iDave
    Free Member

10 seconds max, 10 secs recovery, 6 x 5 mins, 2.5 min between sets – try before you dismiss

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whats the most intense training session you have done or do on a regular basis?’ is closed to new replies.