Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What's the most expensive item you've lost?
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

The wife while out shopping, sadly she turned up he ho…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Several pairs of glasses. 2 oakleys. Goggles as well. To the point where my mates say “muz glasses” after stopping out on a ride kust in case….

CountZero

Not so long ago I had a zip-up nylon case containing my old iPhone 5, a Gerber multitool I’d been given for Christmas by my late mum, about £90, a £40 Anker powerpack and a variety of connecting cables which I carried in my courier bag as part of my EDC for my driving job, mainly as backup after having an issue with my phone/satnav dying when a 12v USB adaptor died in use. Must have fallen out in one of the cars I’d been driving, never got it back.
    I keep checking ‘Find iPhone’, just in case it turns up and someone turns it on.
    It’s been remote locked with passcode, and a message put on the screen, but it’s the Gerber I’d like back most of all. 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

Two pairs of Oakleys here too, no idea to this day what happened to either of them. Pair of Radars I wore twice and a pair of Splices I wore rather more. A couple of years apart, but they just disappeared. Very strange indeed. I still excitedly find an Oakley case periodically when tidying, only to find it empty. I may have too many pairs.

slimjim78
    Free Member

My kidney.
    I was chatting to this gorgeous girl at a bar in Budapest and to my disbelief one thing lead to another and I ended up in her hotel room. She handed me a glass of champagne and the last thing I remember is thinking how funny it tasted..

..I woke up nearly 2 days later with terrible back ache and a sore head and slid my hand around my side to feel stitches on my lower back! Turns out there is a roaring black market organ trade in that region and I fell victim.

Oh well, I have another one – and at least I got familiar with a gorgeous lady! worst part of it is that I never got her number 🙁

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

A car key.
    More precisely a prototype smart car key. Only a couple of dozen in existence at the time. The only other one coded to this particular car was in a secure locker about 100km away. And our car was blocked in……….

Spent about 24 hours searching for it. Until my partner remembered that she’d used it to get some stuff out of the boot and left the key in her handbag.

Not the handbag that she used daily. But one she hadn’t used for a month.

No. I have no idea either.

The keys retail at about €800. Prototypes. No idea. We usually work on a 25× multiplier. So lots.

slimjim78
    Free Member

You guys have a strange definition of lost

thomthumb
    Free Member

my beard.

unknown
    Free Member

A referendum.

jimbobo
    Free Member

uncles watch. Seiko divers watch, could get one off ebay for £200 or less, but don’t really like the style. Thats not really the point though. He bought it in Hong Kong in 1989 whist on his “I’m going to die quite soon so screw the chemo I”m travelling the world” tour. In some ways I’m glad i lost it in the way i did (in the moshpit of a gig of a band I really liked, whilst out with some friends that became friends for life at uni, which i dropped out of and became a Paramedic instead) rather than just being chucked in the back of a drawer as slightly valuable heirloom, but still, I wish I’d not lost it at all!

jimbobo
    Free Member

jonnyrobertson, i’ve got some squarewires that my wife sat on and bent/scratched. You want?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What's the most expensive item you've lost?’ is closed to new replies.