Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What's the most expensive bike you carry on a car roof?
  • scotster
    Free Member

Lets switch this topic around.. What value car are you willing to put under 3 road and 3 mountain bikes.? 🙂

Fuel consumption wasn't too hot on the round trip to Italy… 8-]

Scotster.

PS. – Not my motor – its a very lucky friends company car!!!

Gary_C

Scotster,
    Was up at Dales Biking Centre At Reeth for a weekend back in October,& in the car park on the Friday was a Ferrari F430 with a mtb on a bike rack on the back!

sharki
    Free Member

I fail to see the relevance of the value of the bike….my 400 bike has as much personal value as your 20grand bike…. 😉

The carrier is just as secure no matter what it's carrying.

But i only used mine for local rides, the bike goes in the boot for more than 30 mile trips..

And a friendly warning, pop an expensive bike on display on the roof of rack and you're advertising to the scum out there that you've a possession they may want to try and steal, lock em up tight ladies.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dalesbikecentre

Hi Gary_C!

Yes, we had a corporate group here mountain biking and one gent turned up with his Giant on the back of his ferrari!! There are some pictures on our twitter feed (www.twitter.com/dalesbikecentre) if you go back far enough I think!

It was certainly the most expensive car we've had here – the funny thing was he had to drive quite slowly on the roads because it is so wide! Must admit I did a double take when he turned in to the centre!

Anthony

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What's the most expensive bike you carry on a car roof?’ is closed to new replies.