Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Whats the most epic thing you've done on a bike
  • cullen-bay
    Free Member

oxym0r0n – Member

cullen bay –

Yes there was a bit of portage on the TDMB – although I can't remember where off hand. Truely epic adventure with some great riding and views. I think there is an article in an old STW. To truely ride it of course you need to miss the lift at the beginning and the train at the end!

I know the route, I walked It a year ago, and i agree, taking the train and the lift at the beginning negates any achievement on those days! This has got me seriously thinking about what to do in my summer break before Uni.

whistler or MT. Blanc. Mt. blanc is winning atm!

tonyg2003

Tour of Flanders plus getting lost 202miles in 10hrs. Plus 5day / 10day multi stage road racing. Nothing like that since kids though.

kennyp
    Free Member

One of the Tour de Mont Blanc, Strathpuffer or the Paris – Roubaix sportive.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    attractivefish
    Free Member

1. 4 month fully loaded tour around the south east corner of australia
    2. 2 month fully loaded tour around france
    3. 3 week fully loaded john o'groats to lands end (the long way round)
    4. the last 5 sleepless in the saddles all solo (2009 riding rigid fixie)
    5. a through the night ride from Macclesfield where i use to live to skegness and north to grimsby 175miles in 14hours

tootallpaul

Cycled across Cambodia, including a trip up to Bokor hill station just outside Kampot.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

37 mile downhill (road) from top of volcano to the sea in Hawaii. Maybe not epic, but memorable.

dans160
    Free Member

The Three Peaks. Physically I was fine but mentally I was ruined. The Megavalanche in 2011 beckons before I hit the big four-oh!

Free Member

I once rode up the roman road in hope.

OH YEAAAHHHH

*thrusts around like duffman*

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Nice idea for a thread! Very inspiring…

Anyway, for me:
    Either a weeks biking in the Spanish Sierra Nevada 2 days after finishing up my PhD (and hence not having even thought of biking for the last few months) or my first bike touring this summer – 10 days in Finland alone.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

lands end to john o groats june 2006 944miles 7 and half days, sore backside and came back to full back and chest wax!! 20k for leukemia research

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

rode into the Amazon rainforest in Brazil solo & into some right dodgy slums and some little Indian villages. When I told my colleagues at work they made me promise never to do it again. Highlight was finding a sloth that had fell out of a tree and onto the road and couldn't be bothered to climb back up again.

Also hired a bike & guide in Copper Canyon Mexico (like a mini Grand Canyon). Stunning scenery with proper scary exposure on some trails.

DaRC_L

well what seemed like the most epic were my first forays on an MTB back in '91. Now they're just a warm up 😆

fighttheburn
    Free Member

alpine girl – any more details on the solo finland trip?

qwerty
    Free Member

a solo Kendal to Penrith via High Street, when i should have had crampons on to get up onto High St from Troutbeck, visibility was shite, my ruck sack froze solid and the wind picked me up and moved me whilst i was riding along.

oh – and no one knew i was out!

t-p26
    Free Member

320km in 7 days, 9500 ascent,15000m descent

devs
    Free Member

3 years ago when I first started biking I did 108 miles in a day from Glen Affric to Fort Bill for Cancer Research. Missed the camper van after party because I was spark out! 3am to 9pm and it pissed down most of the time. The only time it stopped was to let the midges feed on us. Was great.

numplumz
    Free Member

Wales Coast to Coast is a great mountainbike ride,don't rush it, travel light and book B&B's for a great experience close to home. Wales C2C

story here if you want any route info just ask

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Whats the most epic thing you've done on a bike’ is closed to new replies.