• This topic has 62 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by devs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What's the maddest thing you've seen out riding?
  • Carpediem
    Free Member

For starters: Did the Wall at Afan today,and while Pootling along the initial valley track,I glanced up to my left where you can see the final part of the descent down to the last gate.

To my horror I saw some monkey boy jogging UP the track with headphones on!!I tried shouting,but no reply…. Hope nobody met him coming down !!

qwerty
    Free Member

i saw a care in the community person, once

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Once saw a box of frogs.

rOcKeTdOg

Aleigh and CG

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I saw a bloke in London breaking into his own shoes.

Keef
    Free Member

I once saw a bloke sitting on a bucket with his trousers round his ankles reading a paper.
    also saw a bloke wearing nothing but shoes and a smile.
    also saw 5 blokes,er 'pleasuring' an 'older' 'lady'
    all three incidendents,I was greeted with a cheery 'good morning'
    these are all true.
    (it is a bit strange on my local trails!)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Similar to Carpe diem, there was a family group of 6 or 7 taking pics of their kids in the bluebells on the trail at Cwmcarn today – on the first climb so not in any danger of being knocked over, certainly not at my speed, but made no effort to move as I scrabbled past in the scree for another go of the final descent.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I saw a man in a loin cloth walking on the chase…
    I had a tall person step out of the trees on a dark night ride on some singletrack a couple of years back.. wierd.
    Ive had lots of encounters on the dog.. It wasnt the best marked trail in the early days, I had and old couple walking a Jack Russell, I avoided them all – just – but they did not tell me about a second dog that almost had me off.. I have even seen a horse following the singletrack above fairoak pools.. maybe its me…

trout
    Free Member

A few years ago we were doing the Nan Bield pass and as we approached I think it is Small water there was a woman in a wedding dress stood in the lake but only her ankles were under the water
    and a bloke on the side with a video camera .

they were still there when we had carried our bikes to the top

sockpuppet

Once saw a box of frogs

🙂

i once had a buck deer dart across the road a couple of feet front of my mate riding in front of me on a road ride, only to get hit by a 4×4 going the other way, and in the process get thrown/spun back across the road through the middle of the 6 foot gap between the two of us back onto the verge it had come from, all at about 17ish mph (us, not the deer or the 4×4, natch). would have really hurt if it had collected either of us.

took a few minutes for the pulse to drop after that one. sadly the buck didn't fare very well

Riding the coastal path late one night between Lymington and Christchurch.

Walking the other way – a bloke in a kilt playing the bagpipes 😮

grahamt1980

2 people pushing up the cwmcarn dh run, on the main line too. cretins

Edric64
    Free Member

I dont know about out riding but we were at Lands End last week and there was a woman walking a tortoise on a lead.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Rode up to a couple completely naked, at it, in the middle of a trail. Think he'd just gone past the vinegar strokes. I didn't speak, just rode around them and carried on.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Often see a naked bloke with dangly earings and eye make up, on a bike,on the icknield way nr luton, once i saw him crouching, facing away from me, i thought he was just looking into the field, then i noticed he was having a shit. Nice.

rOcKeTdOg

there's a bloke who regularly plays a full size Alpen horn at the Lickey Hills

.duncan
    Free Member

shortly after LOTR was on last week i came across a group of 4 mid twenties men 2 as orcs 2 as regular humany people with swords and bows etc

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Doggers in my park ! 🙄

juiced
    Free Member

saw a guy walking around swinley playing bagpipes once.

TractorFrog
    Free Member

60+ woman, having a pee, under the bridge, on the way back to the car park from riding "The Wall"

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Doggers in my park !

Cannock Chase night rides. Only two types of folks parked up some dodgy track on the chase of a night and that's tokers and pokers

samuri
    Free Member

i came across a group of 4 mid twenties men 2 as orcs 2 as regular humany people with swords and bows etc

yeah, there's some re-enactment group up by us who do this quite a lot. They all stop fighting and just stand there while people walk/ride through the middle of them.

I remember seeing a car once with a fish on the back.
    The driver indicated before doing a turn!!!!!

project
    Free Member

Thought i saw a politician who told the truth, then i woke up,must have been a dream. 🙂

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Rode part of the Sustrans West Country Way from Bath to Barnstaple and, just outside Saltford in Somerset, saw this:

Only ever seen floral tributes for human roadkill prior to this.

scaredypants

rode past (about 4 feet from) a pair of fighting deer one night, fully locked antlers & scrumming away merrily

Turned out we were heading straight for their assembled lady-friends too, so was half expecting to get charged but they didn't even notice us as far as I could tell

[edit – StefMcDeff, that's a sad & beautiful thing]

DavidB
    Free Member

Saw a farmer shouting his head off at lamas who were patently ignoring him. Guess he regretted getting rid of the more subservient sheep

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Also stumbled upon the arse-end of an illegal rave with a handful of resilient crusties pilled to bits and still going for it to psychedelic trance at about 2 in the afternoon while doing the Seven Hills Killer ride on the Isle of Wight a couple of years back.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Just missed a badger by millimeters in a dark wood; shat me up!! Also hit a pheasant on my chest whilst riding.

hora
    Free Member

A roe? (deer) crossed me in Guisburn yesterday 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Aleigh and CG

Pics?

iain1775
    Free Member

Homer Simpson nailed to a tree

bigyinn
    Free Member

This made me chuckle.

DezB
    Free Member

Bunch of people taking their pets for a walk along the downs.
    The pets?
    Llamas

Was years ago, but that sight has stayed with me.

SnS
    Free Member

Came accross a bloke playing some bagpipes at a reservoir near M62 J22.( Saddleworth)

Solo night ride over Ogden / Piethorne. Pitch black, funny noises, turned helmet light on to see 20 sheep in a perfect semi circle stock still – all with reflective eyes….staring at me – Bit spooky to say the least. ( rode on quite sharpish)

Chris

Ambrose

not safe for work

Pony girls, not safe for work.

DezB
    Free Member

not safe for work.

So you post a f&(*ing great pic on the forum. Yeah cheers.

Ambrose

Now editted, calm down.

kimbers

human skeleton in a burnt out car

woody2000

Not really that mad I suppose, but the Bradford Monk Man is spotted occasionally on our rides

Cougar

Passed a pile of abandoned bikes at the mouth of a red route at, ah, Gisburn Forest IIRC. They'd been dumped in such a way as to completely block the singletrack, I'd to loft my bike and carry it over the pile.

We shortly found out why; a family with half a dozen kids had decided that it'd be a great place for a quick game of hide-and-seek. Presumably they were going to take any survivors onto the M6 for a picnic later.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What's the maddest thing you've seen out riding?’ is closed to new replies.