• This topic has 132 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • What's the least pleasant sensation short of actual pain?
  • BillMC

Realising that your guts are about to turn to liquid and you are in a packed minibus in the middle of nowhere in Guatemala. And your Spanish is pishpoor.

jumperalpine
    Free Member

Riding a 29er

chip
    Free Member

I have been holding back out of common decency but,

Having your baws sucked, it is the ultimate in uncomfortability.

Kahurangi

I found this more interesting than unpleasant, but I think some of you might like it…

– hearing the surgeon’s scalpel scraping away at your cheekbone

wallop

The pirate ship at Alton Towers.

senorj

“sorry sir , your card has been declined”

and the Key panic……

theotherjonv

Getting a phone call from your dad that starts ‘Don’t panic, but……’

That immediately has the same impact as when someone says ‘I’m not a racist but…..’ – you know something bad is following.

……’ Your mum’s been in a car crash. The paramedics think she’s OK but I can’t get near at the moment because the firemen are cutting her out’

Did not enjoy that pit of the stomach feeling. Last night about 8pm.

No serious damage, bit of whiplash, banged knee, very shaken. Thanks to the 3 different emergency services, we had them all last night.

maccruiskeen

I found this more interesting than unpleasant, but I think some of you might like it…

– hearing the surgeon’s scalpel scraping away at your cheekbone

I’ve had similar with minor surgery on my forehead, just done under local with a damp flannel over my eyes. The sound is quite unexpected – scratchy and scrapey – you sort of expect the scalpel would glide through your flesh effortlessly, but apparently your forehead is made of pretty tough stuff, It was like listening to someone trying to cut through an old boot with a fork. The local anaesthetic also makes every touch and movement feel bigger. The incision was less than an inch long but it felt like I was going to have stitches across my whole forehead like frankensteins monster. What was really disquieting was listening to doctors and nurses who all seemed to have comedy german mad scientist accents. There would be a pause in conversation and then I’d hear “hello, we’re talking to you” and engage me in surreal version hair-dresser small talk while I’m blindfolded and having my skull scratched.

“you look familiar actually, have we met before”
    “well possibly but I’m blindfolded so its hard to tell. I do live quite close to the hospital though”
    “yes, yes. I thought so. I recognise your nose”

A very good friend of the family – my sort of third parent really- had quite an enquiring mind. When she had a hip replacement she talked the surgeon out of giving her sedation because she didn’t want to sleep through something so interesting.

Houns

Bagpipes

Having recently had the snip I’d rather have that again than nausea/vomit

Jamie
    Free Member

Realising that your guts are about to turn to liquid and you are in a packed minibus in the middle of nowhere in Guatemala. And your Spanish is pishpoor.

I’m intrigued. How did you get out of that one?

Nobby

I can categorically state that the least pleasant feeling is that of having a video camera pushed up your old man, all the way into the bladder. Not painful (mostly) but the constant torrent of water sent up there at the same time made it feel as though I was having a never ending, uncontrolled piss and it was really, really not nice. I never knew it was possible to pass out whilst lying down…

Could you not see the screen? I found watching the footage & having it explained to me took my mind right off what was going on. 😯

Seeing or hearing Piers Morgan makes me more nauseous than that ^^ did.

Clobber
    Free Member

Not me but my wife said that having a C-Section on an epidural was very odd/horrid. No pain but she said she could feel the surgeon pulling around on her insides…

DezB
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘What's the least pleasant sensation short of actual pain?’ is closed to new replies.