• This topic has 132 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • What's the least pleasant sensation short of actual pain?
  • arrpee
    Free Member

Based on recent experience, I’m going to nominate standing on a large slug in your bare feet. It’s the slight unyielding bounce that does it.

Honourable mentions for:

-Pulling on wet kit.

and (middleclasstrackworld response)

-Grinding coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar (imagine a million sets of nails scraping down a million blackboards).

wwaswas

For me it was waking up with a long legged spider in my mouth (having been dreaming I was eating a spider with long legs).

theotherjonv

Taste.

Particularly the taste when you find the whole cardamom pod hidden in your curry.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m going to nominate standing on a large slug in your bare feet. It’s the slight unyielding bounce that does it.

A good nomination but having done the same (in the dark) to a large frog I’ll up it to that.

Pook

Standing in a wet patch on the kitchen floor while wearing socks.

roper
    Free Member

Itchy clothes like wool. Especially in hot weather. 😯

slowoldgit
    Free Member

While gardening, stepping back and discovering from the slimy crunch that a large snail had got inside your welly.

northernmatt

The dentists drill, both sound and feel.

muggomagic

1, Walking downstairs in the dark in the morning to find out your dog has s**t on the floor and you found out this has happened by stepping in it with your bare foot.

2, Cleaning up the dog s**t from the carpet.

3, Cleaning hair from blocked drain/plug hole.

4, Walking through a head height Spider Web and having it run across your face

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Then removing the wreckage

lemonysam
    Free Member

1, Walking downstairs in the dark in the morning to find out your dog has s**t on the floor and you found out this has happened by stepping in it with your bare foot.

If you get yourself a diabetic dog you can recreate this every morning.

fasthaggis

Baby sick down the back of your neck.

hatter

Belizian sand flies, not painful as such, more like your entire skin has become sentient and is trying to break free.

Pook

Sugar soap/water running down your arm and into your arm pit while prepping a ceiling for painting.

lunge

For me it’s a very specific taste, peanuts. I have a mild allergy to them and the sensation when I accidentally eat them is just horrible.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Standing in a wet patch on the kitchen floor while wearing socks.

+1 …. for Touch

Listening….. to Mumford and Sons 😀

Taste…. Corriander…. Devils weed

Sight… Looking at Jimmy Carr smug boat.

Smell … Tarmac being laid

scaled
    Free Member

Stepping in cat sick, in socks :/

High velocity fly to the back of the throat while cycling.

thomthumb
    Free Member

A good nomination but having done the same (in the dark) to a large frog I’ll up it to that.

mine was a toad, but this ^

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Enforced piped ‘music’.

john_drummer
    Free Member

watching England play football

jools182
    Free Member

Panic attack

scrumfled
    Free Member

I did the barefoot slug one last week. horrible sensation, only topped by my next step being onto a snail. squidy, crunchy with sharp edges.

arrpee
    Free Member

Enforced piped ‘music’.

…the worst example being when you’re walking through B&Q, hear the opening bars of a song you like then realising that it’s not the original, but some neutered, factory-farmed cover, designed to allow them to avoid paying the publisher.

Grrrr…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Possibly too yucky even for this forum. Involved a then girlfriend.

Use your imagination… 😯 😳 🙁

leffeboy

the moment when you are following a great, interesting thread and someone mentions helmet wearing

bigyinn
    Free Member

Needing to wee really REALLY badly whilst in the middle of a long and important phone call.
    Having said that, the relief is almost orgasmic!
    Or,
    Watching my sales director try and do anything using a computer…

leffeboy

following though

woody2000

The moment just after you realise you’ve wiped dog sh*t off your glove, onto your face. And you have a good few days growth on your face for it to get really bedded in to. And you’re at the furthest point from home.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Negative G

roper
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Use your imagination…
    You found out she was a Christian?

maccruiskeen

Nerve function tests. Super fine acupuncture style needles that glide deep into your flesh effortlessly and entirely painlessly. Then they attach a set of jump leads to them and start pulsing increasing voltages between them until you involuntarily shout an expletive. Its not painful as such (especially as the nerves being tested weren’t really working) but just a strange, elevating annoyance.

kayak23

Panic attack

This for deffo..

portlyone

+1

The feel of a stray bit of banana getting into my mouth

maccruiskeen

The moment just after you realise you’ve wiped dog sh*t off your glove, onto your face. And you have a good few days growth on your face for it to get really bedded in to. And you’re at the furthest point from home.

Once jumped over a style, slipped, fell on my arse, got up, dusted myself off and continued on my way… then had the creeping realisation that what had just happened was:

Jumped over a style, slipped in dog shit, fell on my arse in the dog shit, got up by putting my hand in the dog shit, and ‘dusted myself off’ by wiping dog shit all over myself.

DezB
    Free Member

Enforced piped ‘music’.

: Case in point – Disneyland Paris. Actually, the whole experience is worse than pain.

Definitely – makes me vomit, literally.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Putting on a cold wet sandy wetsuit at sunrise, in a car park.. in february.
    Standing in shit barefoot. Getting splattered in dog, fox or cow shit from your wheels (fox shit is the worst).

RustySpanner

Mr Woppit – Member

Use your imagination…

She didn’t know that Steely Dan were named after a dildo?
    🙂

I’m going for a memory from younger days – waking up on the floor at a party, reaching out for the can next to your head then only realising once you’ve taken a swig that it’s been used as an ashtray.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

-Pulling on wet kit.

Ahem.

DezB
    Free Member

Main thing for me is hearing bad music. Two in particular come to mind – Robbie Williams ‘Candy’ and Natasha Bedingfield ‘These Words’. 2 songs that make me want to stab a hot knitting needle through my head to stop the sound.
    Not because I’m a music snob (Rusty!) – they just revolt me. Like the smell of dog shit up your nose, but in your ears.

andyb39
    Free Member

Neptune’s kiss.
    Anyone who hasn’t experienced this, you’re a lucky, lucky person.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘What's the least pleasant sensation short of actual pain?’ is closed to new replies.