Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • What’s the largest thing you’ve ever removed from your ear?
  • turboferret

Upon arrival at work this morning, I removed my motorbike helmet, followed by my ear plugs.

Imagine my surprise to find this mofo lurking on the end of the left one (not the fuse)!!!

Funnily enough, I could hear a bit better after this bad boy wasn’t intercepting sound waves 😆

I think due to the size of my left ear canal being very small, and my ear plugs compacting the wax every time I inserted it 😕

What’s the largest thing you’ve ever dislodged from your ear?

Cheers, Rich

coffeeking
    Free Member

You’re absolutely revolting!

zaskar
    Free Member

I don’t feel hungry anymore; thanks for helping me on my diet :O)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A friend at school once thought it would be a good idea to ‘hide’ a dried pea for a peashooter in his ear.

He ended up in casualty.

zaskar
    Free Member

WHen my ears were blocked -I had a nurse pump that water drill even though I clean my ears regular she said catching the flu can block your ears.

Anyway-so much gunk comes out anway.

So you could water pump anyones ears and breakdown any solid wax.

Pretty gross pic.

headfirst
    Free Member

😯

Gary_M
    Free Member

You pulled a 5amp fuse from your ear? What was that doing in there, should it not have been a 13amp.

mudshark
    Free Member

When younger my brother complained about being deaf in one ear so went to the doctor. Doc pulled out a cherry stone and enough wax for a birthday candle….

bonj
    Free Member

Don’t your ears take 13A ones? Girl!

turboferret

I was rather upset that a 5A fuse was the most appropriate thing in my desk drawer to use for scale, it was either that or a scalpel blade, maybe that would have had more comedy value 🙂

Actually, I have an old 50p piece, but that would just make my ear morsel look smaller than it really is!

Cheers, Rich

roper
    Free Member

Have you given him a name?

turboferret

roper – I aught to now, any suggestions?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have a mate who can put a 5p up one nostril and take it out the other, but your pic is waaaaay more gross than that!!

BoardinBob

If you think your ears are clean…

Get some peroxide and water it down. 1 part peroxide, 9 parts water.

Dip a cotton bud in

Give your ears a clean with the cotton bud

Recoil in horror at the gunk on the cotton bud

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ming central 🙁

konabunny
    Free Member

My dad’s friend had a job when he was an architecture student going around council flats doing some sort of survey. For some reason, an eccentric older guy somehow got the idea that he was some sort of health visitor, and the old guy wanted him to look in his ear because he was having trouble hearing. He tried to explain that he was just some student to the old guy but it was obvious he didn’t get any visitors and he was very insistent. So he pulled out his torch, had a peer in the old guy’s ear, grabbed a pair of tweezers…and pulled out the plastic stopper from a Bic pen covered in wax! He’d obviously been having a good scratch in his ear with the pen and the stopper had popped out…

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have been studying the object you removed from your ear, and have come to the conclusion that it is a small yak:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You sick, sick, sick puppy

david_r
    Free Member

If I had removed that lump of chod from my ear and had a scalpel blade to hand, I would of disected it. I reckon that ‘thing’ would have it’s own heart, lungs and everything….look at it, its even growing hair!

mudshark
    Free Member

Give your ears a clean with the cotton bud
    Recoil in horror at the gunk on the cotton bud

I used to know a girl who gave my ears a good licking; also a dog.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I can sympathise with the old guy in konabunny’s story. I have yet to find anything better than a Bic biro lid for having a good old scrape around in ones lugholes.

Sandwich

Keep collecting, you’ll soon have enough for an aromatic candle! 😯

paradigmshift
    Free Member

You do realise that for the rest of your life you’ll be comparing every piece of earwax for size with this monster!

TN
    Free Member

I just checked with my sister to make sure, but it’s official – that is completely grim!
    Ick.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I just checked with my sister to make sure, but it’s official – that is completely grim!

Does this refer to this I used to know a girl who gave my ears a good licking?

If so I think you should realise that the girl in question was NOT his sister.

user-removed
    Free Member

That’s truly vile. At the end of a Welsh cycle touring holiday, whilst waiting for the train, I found a lump about the size of a small ball bearing on my scalp.

I dug around at it and eventually managed to pop it through the skin. I swear it was an angel’s / alien’s egg. I did disect mine with a swiss army knife, right there on the platform (much to disgust of wife / wife’s friend) but sadly, no baby angels popped out.

TN
    Free Member

WCA – no, I just meant the OP was grim. My sister has a more finely tuned ‘ickometer’ than I do, so I was just checking I wasn’t being overly sensitive.
    Although licking peoples ears IS pretty nasty too. Especially if there’s shit like that lurking in some of them!

Skid-Mark
    Free Member

Dad use to chew the ends of his pencils, then put the end in his ear. One time when he cleaned out his ears, there was no less than 6 bits of lead in there.

Nice photo TF, you are truly disgusting!

finbar
    Free Member

Bleurgh!

Harry_the_Spider

Urgh.

Are you going to post a picture of the first dump of the day tomorrow?

turboferret

Sandwich, although I may eventually get enough for an aromatic candle, I suspect the aroma wouldn’t be particularly pleasant 😆

Pictures of dumps will not be forthcoming, this was an unexpected treasure to be removed from a lug-hole, and I thought that it’d be selfish not to share with the STW massive 🙂

I do reserve the right to share any future freaky bodily excretions though 😛

Cheers, Rich

clubber
    Free Member

I found Joan Crawford in my ear once. I had to have a serious word…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That is possible a small insect that has got in there. The ear will produce lots of wax, to seal the foreign body, and eventually dissolve it, I think. something like that. I had a fly in my ear many years ago, and pulled out a similar plug.

Don’t be rooting around in yer ears. I learned a few things, following my recent ear infection. The wax is there to protect your delicate inner ear. Flushing should only be done if absolutely necessary. Do not root around with cotton buds; don’t push them into you inner ear canal. Certainly never use owt hard or sharp. Simple washing with mild soap and water is sufficient, you don’t need to be removing any natural wax.

This free medical advice was brought to you by the colour Tuesday39.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and using ear-bud type earphones is a fantastic way to introduce germs and nasties to your inner ear. Keep any earbuds clean; preferably, wipe with alcohol wipes before every insertion.

And I agree with BD; that does indeed resemble a very small yak. I hope you are going to preserve it for posterity. Formaldehyde, perhaps?

User-removed; you need medical help. 😯

Clubber; that would indeed be somewhat less than ideal.

Baldysquirt

Yeah, I had some advice from an ear, nose & throat Doc – don’t stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Did anyone ever see that Ren and Stimpy episode where Ren became a hermit and built an earwax model of himself? I think he used a spoon to get the wax out. Could be a project for you there turboferret.

M
    Free Member

Over the winter when a posse of ladybirds decided to camp in our house, one ladybird fell in my ear after it decided to fall off the ceiling while I was trying to sleep. Scared the **** out of me. It was crawling in my ear and turning around to try find the way out and kept crawling down the ear canal. Actually being able to hear its wings scraping against my ear was horrible. I thought I was gonna be the first person to go deaf from a ladybird-related incident. And it didn’t help that Mrs M was laughing so hard she couldn’t calm down enough to get the blighter out. Ho ho ho.

turboferret

Baldy, same words from my sister, a surgeon, regarding ears and elbows. I’ll clearly have to send her a picture too, or maybe just a link to this thread.

Not sure I’d be able to use a spoon to remove wax, but I’ll bear it in mind for sure.

I have been spending a lot of time in my shed recently, making battery holders, but I wouldn’t quite class myself as a hermit yet though 🙂

Cheers, Rich

bigyinn
    Free Member

Baldysquirt – Member
    Yeah, I had some advice from an ear, nose & throat Doc – don’t stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!

Get your own elbow, you ain’t having mine!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cotton buds are for wimps…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘What’s the largest thing you’ve ever removed from your ear?’ is closed to new replies.