Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What`s "The Ivy " like as a restaurant?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

I have booked lunch for Valentines day at The Ivy will this be the dining delight I wish for?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope its under new management, they’ve sacked all the kitchen staff and its now a nandos

Tiger6791

It’s nice

saleem
    Free Member

You’d be better going two doors away to L’Atelier
    de Joël Robuchon but thats if you want nicer food, The Ivy is a place where people go to be seen, at the end of the day it’s your cash, have a look a Robuchons gaff on the net anyway for maybe next time.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I think the Ivy is where CFH goes for his fish ‘n’ chips on a Friday night 😉

aP
    Free Member

Is “fish and chips” a euphemism?

Rorschach
    Free Member

What,like ‘centreparks’?

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s very much a place to be seen and to see, but the food is pretty average based on the limited experience I’ve had of it.

onandon
    Free Member

The ivy was pretty disappointing when I went a couple of years ago. Food wasn’t great and no real atmosphere.

konabunny
    Free Member

I was walking past one morning and noticed that they were loading catering size bags of McCain Oven Chips into the kitchen (I admit this was about a decade ago).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

It’s OK. That’s about it. Only been thrice, and it was fine. There’s better for the money in town, IMO.

sobriety
    Free Member

fish and chips

I thought it was army slag – Fighting In Somebody’s House and Causing Havoc In Peoples Streets. Either for urban warfare, or R&R…

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Only been to the one in Santa Monica, Los Angeles. Was nice but nothing special but I think the one in SM is supposed to be more relaxed.

Bunnyhop

We were skiing one day last year with a guy who used to be a maitre ‘d (sp) person there, what a tosser he was.
    Sorry that has absolutely nothing to do with answering your question. Just in a funny mood.

Divagirl
    Free Member

not been for ages but used to love it there – fish cakes are good

randomjeremy
    Free Member

It’s good, get the Shepherds’ Pie, it’s brilliant

hh45
    Free Member

The food is quite basic – classic comfort food etc. The service, setting and other diners are supposed to be the attraction. I prefer the Wolsey but booking is a nightmare.

Nick

had a very nice, reasonably priced meal there about 8 years ago

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Does seem to depend on when you go. My business partner is a member of The Club at The Ivy which is the private bit upstairs. That is always fantastic and always full of properly famous people. The main restaurant downstairs can be a little hit and miss. Always had great lunches there, but in the evenings it can get a little busy and noisy. Would suspect Valentines Day should be a civilsed affair and I’ve always found the staff seem to know if you’re there for a treat and make an extra effort.
    Out of maybe a dozen visits in the last couple of years I would say I’ve had a 90% satisfaction rate.

Edric64
    Free Member

I hope its good as we are getting the train from Bath 1st class so the whole day is costing a few quid.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

It’ll be great!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What`s "The Ivy " like as a restaurant?’ is closed to new replies.