Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • whats the HTC desire screen like in sunlight?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

i've read a few comments in reviews saying its unreadable in bright sunlight, is it really that bad?

stumpy01

Yep, it is pretty pony to be honest.

Apparently it's helped by a screen protector, but haven't tried this yet. It's the one thing that I am a bit disappointed by, really.

Looks absolutely great the rest of the time though.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Screen protectors make very little difference and scratch easily. I have 3 (bought 4) I won't be using…!

can-uk
    Free Member

not good. I am using mine in the middle east.. blazing sun.. can't see sh*t..

firestarter
    Free Member

its poo but on the plus side i can use it for voice calls 😉

alexonabike

On full brightness its acceptable to view messages and see who your dialling etc, not much cop for anything else.

firestarter
    Free Member

id had mine on dimmed screen to save battery but when i tried to turn to full brightness to use in the sun i couldnt see owt to do it lol had to go into shadow to brighten up . its ok then but i wouldnt want to browse net in the sun

grievoustim
    Free Member

anyone know how it compares with an iphone?

I tried reading a book using my ipod touch (with a screen protector sticker on) over the weekend in the bright sun and was impressed how easy it was.

not sure if this is down to the screen protector or not though

lakesrider
    Free Member

is it only unreadable if the sun is behind you or shining directly on the screen, i mean can you turn around and see it better? I like the look of it and the home screen widgets thing + its cheaper than an iphone but not had a chance to play with one so not sure how much of an issues the screen is in general use

ooOOoo
    Free Member

X10 screen is not bad outdoors

glenh
    Free Member

Screen protectors make very little difference and scratch easily. I have 3 (bought 4) I won't be using…!

Not if you use a proper one (made of the same sort of stuff as helicopter tape, e.g. Invisible Shield). Virtually unscratchable, plus it reduces finger prints and reflections from the screen.

That said, even with such a protector, the screen is kinda hard to see in direct sunlight, since the AMOLED panel is not reflective in any way like an LCD screen.
    Still, most LCDs aren't that great in direct sunlight either, just marginally better.

Milkie
    Free Member

anyone know how it compares with an iphone?

Yup! My mate and I tried this out:

1. iPhone 4
    2. iPhone 3GS
    3. HTC Desire

The only one that you can live with and not strain your eyes to see in the sun is the iPhone 4, truly amazing screen.

tinribz
    Free Member
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Glen that's what mine are meant to be made of!

firestarter
    Free Member

that vid is top 😉

showerman
    Free Member

good vid for iphone willy wavers

glenh
    Free Member

Glen that's what mine are meant to be made of!

Seems a bit odd you have 4 then.
    They are normally only sold in packs of 1, since they never need replacing (in fact they come with a life time guarantee of not scratching: http://www.zagg.com/).

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Glen – I think I was "had" – mind you I didn't pay much for them. I ordered a pack of two (£1.35 delivered) and there was a c0ck up so ended up with 4.

Those ones are very pricey!

glenh
    Free Member

Try these guys, basically identical but without the marketing and cheaper:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

You have to order from the US so it takes a few days to arrive, but I've been pleased with them.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘whats the HTC desire screen like in sunlight?’ is closed to new replies.