Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What's the going rate for having your house appear in a TV advert?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

The strangest thing happened yesterday. A bloke knocked on my door and asked if they could film my front door for a TV ad (for Royal Mail or Post Office or something – I wasn’t really really listening). Anyway, they said they’d give me £60 for letting them film. I heard that!

Seemed ok.

Is there a going rate for having your front door appear on an advert?!

Should I have asked for more?! (I don’t think ours is the only black front door round here, perhaps they wanted the tattiest looking black door).

Ah well, guess I’ll be eating out tomorrow night now.

(mine will be the black door featured in the ‘winter’ scene).

binners

Sounds reasonable

I think the fee is higher if its the back doors, rather than the front. Especially if any damage is incurred

bearnecessities

😀

wwaswas

I think the fee is higher if its the back doors, rather than the front. Especially if any damage is incurred

fnarr!

A friends house ended up in a tv series.

Moved to a hotel for a month, house redecorated inside and out, enough dosh for them to spend 8 weeks in Canada.

cranberry
    Free Member

Make sure that if any doors are opened they are opened with loving care, even if things seem a little tight and that nothing is budging.

Jamie
    Free Member

Make sure that if any doors are opened they are opened with loving care, even if things seem a little tight and that nothing is budging.

I thought David Cameron was going to stop filth like that appearing on my internet? 😡

tomhoward

I lived in the house that is next door to Cleggy’s house in Last of the Summer Wine, £75 (20 years ago) a day to be out of the house between 830 and 3 whenever they were filming.

We had their arm off.

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s not enough.
    most locations are anything from £500 to £1000 per day for residential.
    i would be very surprised if it was just for an hour, shooting always takes longer than that.
    i would also ask for the production companies proof of public liability insurance and to have everything in writing.

if it literally is half an hour with a locked off camera at the end of the path by all means take the cash.
    if 10 people turn up and a couple of HMI’s go up in the garden and the ‘talent’ start walking in and out of your front door 20 times you have been taken for a ride.

footflaps

I suspect they’ll charge the client for market rate and pocket the difference!

LardLover
    Free Member

honk honk fnar fnar indeed!

No doors were forced during filming. They only used………….the front door, sadly the back door wasn’t needed this time……….we don’t have a knocker on the back door……………….. 😐

Only thing they filmed was someone (a Postie? – can’t be certain as I inside having a cuppa) walking up to the door. They must only only have spent 20 mins tops.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I suspect they’ll charge the client for market rate and pocket the difference!

exactly right. this is how producers make their money, they receive the whole budget for the job and screw the crew/suppliers right down on price and pocket the difference.
    this is why producers are hated on set.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A friend rented her house in North Berwick for a film with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman. they were there for a couple or three weeks. The rental fee was substantial. They were rehoused for the duration in a fancy hotel too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What's the going rate for having your house appear in a TV advert?’ is closed to new replies.