Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what's the difference between Revs, Reba and Sektors?
  • ourmaninthenorth

I’m starting to become dizzy with beweilderment by the array of forks that all seems to be all but identical.

Help!

z1ppy

Could talk lots about the spec’s and difference but this would seem the best way to talk you thgough them, taken from here http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-RockShox/RockShox/RockShox-2011-Forks-and-Shocks

Rev’s
    Well, the best just keeps getting better. With more options on axles and with a new super-sweet tapered carbon crown/steerer on the World Cup model. Available without XX Pushloc this is a seriously nice Enduro fork for your 140-150mm travel bike. Dual Air is our pick, just choose your price point and you will have the best trail fork there is.

Sektor’s
    What’s not to like really? We really liked the Pike, we really like the Revelation and this takes the best bits of both – the Revelation’s lightweight 150mm chassis and the simplicity of the U Turn system making a truly fantastic trail riding fork. Budget dampers keep the price down but remarkably don’t diminish the performance. Credit crunch hit? Need a great trail fork? Sektor is where it is at…

Reba’s aren’t mentioned, but it’s there the what you buy if you don’t want the lightweight SID’s, but don’t need the travel the Sektor’s/Rev’s offer.

After that it’s down to the options you need? …travel adjust, lightness, Damping system go Turnkey(basic)->motion control(very good)->Blackbox(the best from RS)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What he posted, sektor is a coil sprung non black box damped revelation, essentialy the old PIKE damper in the enw rev chassis.

The Reba is more of a trail/XC fork rather than all mountain/enduro, the cheeper equivalent is the Recon.

kevin1911

Have they got rid of the SL/Race/Team refinements for 2011? Anyone know how the RL/RLT/RLT Ti models fit map to the old names?

ourmaninthenorth

Ah cool, thanks guys.

And the next question is:

Other than the U-Turn forks, which of them CAN’T be adjusted for height (using the internal spacers)? Thinking is that my frame can only take 130mm max, and ideally I don’t want more than 120mm.

I really should have paid more attention to changes in fork technology over the years….

😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

What frame are you going to fit the forks to?

ourmaninthenorth

Soul (first gen).

I’m also a shortarse, and find the way that long forks push the bars up in the air to be a PITA. Ideally 120mm max would do the job.

Riding is (or has been) Peaks, although now will be West Pennines, Dales and Lakes.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I bought coil Sektors for my PA so I could run them about 120mm, but with the option of more if things got hairy. A lot of the lighter forks can’t be adjusted.

They’re only three rides old, but it seems to be love… 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you only need/want 120mm then go for the Reba, used to have travel adjustable forks, but went back to normal ones and didn’t miss it. 120mm isn’t too much for climbing anyway, if you went for sektors they’d be about that when wound down.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

What about the SID World Cup versions? Worth the extra £££ over mid-range RockShox?

Pauly

Just got a pair of Rev World Cups. Fitting them tonight.
    Carbon crown & steerer is amazing to look at.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what's the difference between Revs, Reba and Sektors?’ is closed to new replies.