Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What's the diference between an On One Inbread and a 456?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few listings on eBay for ‘On One Indred 456’ titanium frames. I always thought the Inbred and the 456 were different bikes and that that Inbred was steeper and more geared to XC riding whereas the 456 was slacker.

Is this the case?

simon1975

The current Inbred is supposed to be for a 100mm fork, and the current 456 will go bigger (4, 5 or 6″ in fact). Geometry should be on the On-one website so look for yourself – slightly slacker HA on the 456 iirc and the top tube is shorter than on the standard Inbred. The steel 456 has a fatter top tube than the Inbred so weighs a smidge more, but obviously the Ti version’s different again.

TheBrick
    Free Member

456 is only slacker as people run it with a longer fork as I understand it. 456 has top tube and town tube the same size so is stronger.

Why don’t you go to the on one website and look at the geometry pages of each frame?

wwaswas

456 was originally badged as an ‘Inbred 456’ it’s now just ‘456’.

geometry differences as per above except Inbred switched to same size top/down tubes at some point too (when it was briefly the 345 before being reined back to be the 34). Confused? You will be.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Inbred

Head Angle (°) 70

Geometry based on fully extended 80mm fork

Head Angle (°) 67.5

Geometry based on fully extended 120mm fork

Also from the blurb

“Angles alter by about 1deg per inch of fork travel. So with a 4in fork, things go to 70.5deg head”

So the head-angles are the same once forks have been taken into consideration. Isn’t being able to read wonderful.

ahwiles
    Free Member

geometry is more or less the same

the 456 has a larger diameter top-tube* – to stiffen/strengthen the frame for longer forks/abuse.

for the same fork, it seems a standard inbred will have the slacker head-angle, but not by enough to really notice.

(*and seat-stay-junction-bit)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn’t being able to read wonderful.

Not as wonderful as sarcasam it seems……

reggiegasket
    Free Member

was he a mate of Ali Baba?

takisawa2

After trying 100-130mm on my Inbred I’ve found this to work for me.
    Forks from a 29er. (470mm I think). Tried a 456 Summer Season but didnt like it. The Inbred, however, is just right. Rides great. Would probably go for an 18″ & 70mm stem next time. Still an inch to the max mark on the seatpost but looks like its too far out.

IMAG0223 by pten2106, on Flickr

wwaswas

re: seatpost – it’s more important there’s a fair bit below the seat tube/top tube junction than you observer the ‘minimum insert’ thing on the seatpost.

[edit] although you shoudl observe the min insert as well, clearly.

geetee1972
    Free Member

So which is this then, a 456 or an Inbred or does it not make any difference with it being titanium (i.e. the tubes are the same regardless on titanium)?

On-One Inbred 456

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

That’s a 456 with the curved tt

fourbanger
    Free Member

Interesting this. I ordered a 456 about 4 years ago and when it arrived it only said Inbred on it. No mention of 456 like the invoice. Does anyone else have a 46 only badged as Inbred or did they send me an Inbred by accident?!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The way to tell with the steel ones is the junction between seat tube and top tube is different, but I can’t recall which is which!

nuke

On a 456 the tube diameter on the TT is wider taht the standard Inbred and is the same as the short piece of tube on the top of the seat stays iirc plus on a 456 the top tube is inline with the seat stays where as on an Inbred the seatstays are slightly higher up.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

fourbanger I’ve just got a 456 badged that way and it confused me to the point of not following up a number of purchases. I now know that it is a 456 😉

The 456 top tube and seat stays match in line

The Inbred has approx a inch difference from the top tube to the seatstays.

If you look on the On One site at the 2 frames and follow the seat tube along to the seat stays you will see the difference

Simples

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Best way to tell visually is the Seat stay & Toptube intersect at the same point on the Seat tube on the 456, Seat stay is higher than the TT on the standard Inbred.

fourbanger
    Free Member

All good!

clubber
    Free Member

I had the discussion with Brant at the time when I got my 456. Same geo basically but the 456 has a slacker seat tube. the 456 also has a bigger dia/stronger/stiffer top tube.

As he put it

wheels on the ground – inbred
    wheels off the ground – 456

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What's the diference between an On One Inbread and a 456?’ is closed to new replies.