Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What's the deal with Paypal and echeques?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

Sold an item on Ebay on Sunday and the chap has emailed me to tell me he can only pay by echeque on his Paypal.

Anything i should know about them before i start dealing with them (i know it takes up to 9 days to clear)? Why should anybody have to use this system rather than the standard Paypal transaction?

Just want to make sure it’s not some type of elaborate scam…..

Cheers.

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

I could never understand e-cheques…..they always take about 5 days to clear!? Just dont send the item until you have withdrawn the cash, thats what I always do. but generally now try to steer clear of using Ebay and PP, just a mahooosive RIP OFF. PP is regulated by the FSA like the rest of our banks……imagine if you bank charged you 3% for deposting money !?!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

@b a c o n PP and Ebay provide the man in the street with a way of selling goods to an audience of millions, and taking payment for said goods. For this they demand a cut of a few percent. Seems like a reasonable deal to me.

MrTall
    Free Member

But is there anything dodgy about using echeques? Why can this chap only use this way rather than the standard immediate way?

Just looking for a bit of peace of mind before i start packing up the bike……

chvck
    Free Member

I believe that if you don’t have a credit or debit card linked to your PP account but you do have a bank account linked then you can only pay by echeque, that could be why?

69er
    Free Member

Also, if your card expires and you forget to update your account with the new details PayPal will only issue e cheques. It’s just a time delay, but if you’re really not happy log in to PayPal and read the small print.

MrTall
    Free Member

That’s fine, cheers. Not too worried, just wanted to double check in this day and age. Seems like it should all be ok.

Looked up echeques on the Paypal site but it wasn’t overly informative.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What's the deal with Paypal and echeques?’ is closed to new replies.