• This topic has 51 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Whats the current verdict on the Bluepig?
  • rhino
    Free Member

cotic all the way !.. very nice bike 🙂

scratch
    Free Member

Cheers Phil

mooman
    Free Member

I ve got the alu version of the bluepig – the mmmbop.
    its no xc whippet for sure. Its a total grin inducing razz bike.

I dont understand somebody here saying they don`t feel robust enough?? Mine feels solid as a tank, and is as fast and confidence inspiring on steep, tight twisting trails as my old ells-epiphany ever was.

Only ever came across one bluepig. And it felt a bit too heavy for my liking – where as the mmmbop frame is a couple pounds lighter. Solid build on mine with pike forks, 2.4tyres and still weighing in at 29lb.

Pretty sure there will be better frames out there – but for the price, I dont see anything better out there.

taka
    Free Member

the next ragley I would get will hopefully be the Ti but it will have to wait along time before I can get one 😉

vinnyeh

the next ragley I would get will hopefully be the Ti but it will have to wait along time before I can get one

Now, why would you want to do that, since it's the geometry and handling of the Pig that you're complaining about, not the ride or feel.

taka
    Free Member

yeh i just like the fact that im riding a bike from where i live 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

But not enough to keep one, just as a look at me bike then?

taka
    Free Member

just as a look at me bike the

i 😉

seanoc
    Free Member

Si's got Ragley; I'm sure he'll let you have a spin on the weekend.

The angles really work for steep ups and steep downs; a bit neutral on the flatter stuff though in my opinion. You can't have everything though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Taka, you're such a fuggin idiot.

Sorry hora, I do take that back. It was actually lee quarry I had a lap on a ti.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Wow…Just got in from my first proper day out on the ti. She's an animal. What a ride. I take back my earlier comment on it being an "average" climber there's a sweet spot when you sit toward the nose of the saddle and when you find it she'll happily and comfortably grunt up the short steep bits or spin along up the long ones. Sweet. As for the downs, well despite the combined effort of Mother Nature and her friend Recent Weather to try and slow me down with the stickiest sloppiest mud they could provide, I've NEVER (in 20 years of riding them) flown down those trails like that before! Bring on Summer.

I realise that it's not really fair to compare a ti and a steel frame but if the steel ones ride ANYTHING as good and your thinking about getting one, DO IT!.

Still unsure over how it looks tho. May sound strange but tbh I preferred the look of the steel one in the shop.

BTW I only own 1 bike at a time and I change my frame every 4 or 5 years (until now, if this one lasts as long as it looks like it will!) Not a rich flash git (weell until now) 😕 This is my first ti frame, present to myself to celebrate my divorce 3rd anniversary.
    Thought I'd mention it in view of the above comments 🙂

taka
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    Taka, you're such a fuggin idiot.

Why? 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Whats the current verdict on the Bluepig?’ is closed to new replies.