Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whats the current Android phone of choice?
  • benjamins11
    Free Member

Wife has just goosed her iphone 6, which has been pretty flakey to be honest. Think its time to change to Android for her, as the prices of iphone 7 seems a bit silly!

Whats the current Android phone of choice in these parts (thats not Pixel money)?

Huawei P9 looks good.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Got a pixel XL recent, it’s brilliant but not worth the money. Wish I’d have gone for the LG g6, had g4 and g5 before and they were both excellent. Otherwise there’s great deals on Samsung s7 at the moment.

leffeboy

you might want to give an idea of your budget as it really depends on what you want to spend. At the lower end I recently got a Moto G5 play for my daughter which seems brilliant to me but more money can get you better battery life and a faster machine

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

LG G series +1
    Screen could be a bit brighter in daylight but otherwise a fantastic phone with a great two lens camera and some clever features

Alphabet

I’ve got a OnePlus 3. Best android phone I’ve had. For £329 I’d get another if I broke this one. Specs are compatible to iPhone 6/7 and to top end Android phone costing twice as much.

rherbert
    Free Member

Me and the missus just got xiaomi mi5s £210 each.

Absolutely fantastic android phone. Very similar to ios with miui8 good support from a big Chinese brand. Pretty close to a Google pixl. Use it on Orange 4g signal is way better than my Note 4.

Check out the reviews :

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-chinese-phones-for-2017-3616945/%3Famp

Ordered mine from gearbest hk warehouse, case and tempered glass screen from Amazon es warehouse.

damascus
    Free Member

Are you looking to buy up front or get a contract? If contract then there are some good deals on Samsung 7s at the moment.

Ive just changed from contract phone and sim to sim only and bought phone up front.

I’m running a Huawei p9 lite. Great phone, does everything I need and the best battery life I’ve ever had, only downside is that it doesn’t get on with strava and stops it after an hour unless you wake it.

Wife has a moto 4g phone. It’s OK but not a patch on the p9.

I’ve always had htc and Samsung phones before but they are getting silly money and expensive to replace/fix when I break them.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lenovo P2 in the sub £200, massive 5100mAh battery that lasts 2+ days.

Three’s exclusive UK stockist thing ends soon, but it comes unlocked.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I replaced my shonky old iPhone 4s with a Huawei P9 lite and love it

benjamins11
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Yes budget around £27 per month on contract. P9 looks good i think. Not really a fan of Samsung phones for no other reason than irrational dislike. I’ve got a Nexus 6p which i like, makes me lean toward P9.

Mackem

I’ve got a Pixel (not the XL). It’s very good, but not vastly better than a decent phone from a year ago (eg Samsung S7). Better than my OH’s iPhone 7 though (IMO).

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Have a look at the P9 Lite – a few less features than the P9 but you could reduce your monthly bill.

househusband

I’m running a Huawei p9 lite. Great phone, does everything I need and the best battery life I’ve ever had, only downside is that it doesn’t get on with strava and stops it after an hour unless you wake it.

Aah… so not just me then. I’ve got the Honor P7 (Honor and Huawei are like Trek and Bontrager) and it does the same with Strava.

Mackem
    nickc

another vote for the One Plus 3. It’s an excellent phone

transporter13
    Free Member

Had my one plus 3 since last year.. Best phone I’ve ever used.. Will happily buy another when the time comes to replace it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whats the current Android phone of choice?’ is closed to new replies.