• This topic has 119 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • Whats the coolest thing you have ever done???
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Got a lift off the bloke who played Danny Kendall in Grange Hill.

aracer
    Free Member

I was going to suggest skiing from almost the top of La Grande Motte above Tignes – a 200m climb above the top of the lift – but then realised that on the same theme, doing nicely carved linked teles right underneath one of the main chairlifts in La Plagne was probably actually a lot cooler 😉

Alternatively, canoeing with the dolphins in Milford Sound, or abseiling off the jib of a crane in Bristol docks.

Crossing the finish line in a major adventure race as part of the first team is also extremely cool!

joolzed
    Free Member

Did a few Bob Skeleton runs down the Lilliehammer Olympic track… that was pretty cool in more ways than one;0)

garage-dweller

Created, with more than a little help from the wife, our son and being there in theatre as he was born by emergency c-section after 40 hours in labour last May.

None of the track days (including the Ring), bike rides, holidays, hikes, sailing I've done comes even remotely close to that experience. Not that those haven't been cool or cold but he's absolutely number 1. It's also why I now have a fatter belly and many of my bikes haven't left the garage in a while. 🙄

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Windsurfed through an evening cloudburst where the low sun lit up the backsplash from the rain so it looked like I was surfing through knee deep glitter.

A week touring Japan by bike.

Crossing the Mayhem finish line at 23H 59M and 25seconds to get my mate out on a final lap and being mistaken for an Orange factory rider by the commentator.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I used to do this and it was as fun as it looks (until some nutter put the kybosh on it in the UK – just imagine if they suddenly banned mountain bikes)

i miss it 😥

other than that i once hit the magic 60 mph on a mountain bike (all be it on the road)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Backflipped off Sadam Hussein's diving board.

PMSL made my day…

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Tree-Magnet wins so far.

I cycled 4000k to Athens. Not overly cool but fun.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Flown on Concorde. Awesome.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I was once asked to leave a library. I'll let you imagine why.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a lift off the bloke who played Danny Kendall in Grange Hill.

That's nothing, I've had a row with him about the noisy office air-conditioning.

8)

aracer
    Free Member

Flown on Concorde. Awesome.

Actually I reckon flying on a Tristar tanker whilst it was doing AAR trumps that 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had sisters…simultaneously not at the same instant. One knew, the other didn't 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't do cool

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don't do cool

People that don't are usually the coolest so don't worry monsieur barnes…

…could be a double bluff though ❓

10pmix
    Free Member

Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on a bmx and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx.

Shouldn't that read "Plagiarised a famous Australian Ebay listing for a BMX"? Good line though..

There's even a Facebook Group for it now!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=60794356499

I've done the AK47s/ Skydiving/ Swimming with Manta Rays/ Everest Base Camp etc. but nothing can beat saving someone's life. It makes yer feel rather good 😀

Smudger666

Jumped from a C130 at 450 feet (Thanks RAF for that)
    Abseiled from the skids of a Lynx
    kissed This Lady

and other assorted antics that i considered cool at the time but now seem trivial in comparison to making 2 kids and being pretty happy 🙂

rich_tee
    Free Member

not sure about cool but took a trip under Sydney harbour bridge in a speedboat to Manly beach. Then sailed under it the next day.
    My bungy jump in New Zealand that 000's of people have also done was an amazing experience and gave me life confidence
    Grew 14 pumpkins for our wedding which we used for decoration. hmm maybe not so cool but was fun.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

People that don't are usually the coolest so don't worry monsieur barnes…

well, thanks, but in my case, I'm too enthusiastic to be cool. Hotheaded more like 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Smudger – I know somebody who would kill to have kissed the lovely Nastassja.

Was it tongues and all?

10pmix
    Free Member

Was pictured at a 1988 rave in the News of the world under the headline "spaced out" (I was).

Joolsburger, does this mean that the guy at 1.39 of the attached is you?! I've always loved that picture. I ride the same trails as you so must look out for that stare! 😯

lunge

slept with 3 different girls in 3 days (2 in the same 24 hours)

Wow you must be so proud.
    [/quote]

Grumm, whilst i won't pretend it is something i would consider now, when i was 18 it was quite an achievement.

rockitman

I've done quite a few "cool" things over the years:

Had an amazing 10 years running clubs / record labels and DJ'ing all over the world. Ranked in the world's top 150 DJ's in DJ magazine, whole summers in Ibiza, remixed the likes of Dido etc and had my own productions on Global Underground mix compilations. Oh, we had a bar for 2 years as well…

Battled serious addiction (twice) and had a bi-polar episode (that's very A-List isn't it?) which completely blew my mind apart.

Produced a number of high profile corporate events – the Turner Prize, National Union of Teachers Conference etc and worked with loads of d-list celebs – Natasha Kaplinsky, Gethin Jones etc at awards ceremonies.

Had an RAF Flyby at my wedding

I love my life. It's been great so far 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

[willy waving]

quite a few which at various times involved….
    emeralds and motorbikes in columbia
    vodka and guns in mongolia
    sharks and scorpions in egypt
    riots in jericho
    temples in japan
    mountains in new mexico
    drugs in vegas
    coached world champions
    3 fantastic kids
    a few illegal things
    and thankfully a few beautiful women along the way

i really feel like i'm only halfway through, and have lots more to be getting on with

[/willy waving]

organic355
    Free Member

Rode a motorcycle round the world with my girlfriend on the back.

No room for her on the seat?

grumm
    Free Member

Grumm, whilst i won't pretend it is something i would consider now, when i was 18 it was quite an achievement.

Fair dos – I meant to put a 😛 in there actually.

Although the thought did cross my mind that you wouldn't get a woman boating about similar!

therealhoops
    Free Member

I'll see your AK47 and raise you a GPMG. Wasn't on auto but then I was only 15. Gotta love the ACF 🙂
    Got married in Vegas which was cool until recently.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Saw a sizable chunk of northern Europe.
    Witnessed the fall of the Berlin wall.
    Returned to the family seat in Ireland.
    Came to the rescue of a damsel in distress.
    Rode a jet ski, Rode a quad, Rode a horse.
    Had a proper MFFF foursome 😀
    Had 2 MFF threesomes on my 25th birthday with 4 different girls 😈

Macgyver

t®ibal©hiefs riots in jericho???

I thought my little bit of Oxford was a bit quieter than that!

iDave
    Free Member

Macgyver – maybe you moved there after the first intifada?

AgentOrange
    Free Member

Saw a tramp (old boy) sat in Sainsbury's car park in the rain. Took him inside, much to the dismay of the sneering staff and customers, sat him down and bought him a full English breakfast, a paper and a pot of tea. Left him with it – Gave me a 'High Five' as I was leaving – Cool and the gang 😉

Arranged an ultra low fly-past on the A9, on my Lands End – John O'Groats trip by x3 GR4's Tornado's from RAF Lossiemouth.

grumm
    Free Member

Had a proper MFFF foursome
    Had 2 MFF threesomes on my 25th birthday with 4 different girls

Again, imagine if this was the other way round – don't think you'd get many women bragging about it!

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Heli-boarding in British Columbia – somewhere north of Whistler (twice)
    Flown around Europe in a private jet

My lovely wife is due our son/daughter in a couple of weeks though, so we'll see if that eclipses those – I am guessing it will

snowslave

There was a mega student v riot police battle in Manchester during the miners' strike.

The SPG charged into the mass in a v formation, with batons and riot shields swinging wildly about, people getting stoved in all over the place, pandemonium r us. The bright lights of the TV crews switched on, adding to the disorientation. And in the middle of this modern re-enactment of the fight scenes of zulu, there were 2 idiots wildly waving at the cameras. The one with the particularly silly psychobilly haircut was me.

Not just silly and proud, but silly under fire.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I'll see your AK47 and raise you a GPMG. Wasn't on auto but then I was only 15. Gotta love the ACF

A semi auto Gimpy? Eh? Or did they just put one round in the breech?

jon1973
    Free Member

'Got a lift off the bloke who played Danny Kendall in Grange Hill.'

That's nothing, I've had a row with him about the noisy office air-conditioning.

I am not worthy of you 😐

hainey
    Free Member

Somewhere between diving with hammerheads, doing the megavalanche, working with Eurofighter Squadron and getting on a plane last minute on xmas day to meet the love of my life.

brianbrian
    Free Member

Bribed the guards and then climbed the Great Pyramid of Giza at night – all 480 feet of it.

iDave
    Free Member

nice one brian. i tried to buy the big golden fk-off temple key from the guard at Abu Simbal – when the bid got to $200 he started to look keen….

brack
    Free Member

Got very very drunk on Tequila…on my last night in Kabul.

Woke up face down in a sewage ditch in a down town district with no idea how idea how I'd got there…passport and mobile ( sneaky beaky numbers stored on it) had been stolen unkowingly from my pocket – but not my pistol.

Apparantly arrived back at the teams house in a taxi…(not the done thing at all).

Best bit….I'd poo'd my pants as well !!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Whats the coolest thing you have ever done???’ is closed to new replies.