Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Whats the bike in the new Rapha mailshot ad?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

This one:

bearGrease

Nice bike, crap biltong.

MoreCashThanDash

Cyclist magazine have just got one in, review due in a couple of months, very interesting looking bike I thought.

senorj

Looks lovely to me,I can dream on ,at £2300 frame !
    Heaven forfend indeed.

eddie11
    Free Member

Production models aren’t orange either. It’s a travesty.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’m sure there is a good reason for it but the chainstay ruins the look for me. Then the bottle cage too, thats a recipe for a mouthful of shite!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Production models aren’t orange either. It’s a travesty.

it is available in orange,

bigrich

the chainstay means it can run 650b mtb wheels. this is a good thing

done by the dutch guy with the money he got from selling cervelo.

i want one. I cant afford one

kimi
    Free Member

yea but plenty of others manage it without the weird chainstay.. I can’t afford one either.

onandon
    Free Member

Good to see they pack the same arse wipes I take with me 🙂
    Nothing better for an emergency alfresco poop.

jameso

yea but plenty of others manage it without the weird chainstay.

The shaping gets you a 420mm chainstay or something short like that so it rides well as a road bike. Rode with a chap who has one, nice bike. Looks ok up close, I thought.

kimi
    Free Member

The shaping gets you a 420mm chainstay or something short like that so it rides well as a road bike.

that makes more sense. I know in steel it’s common to use a plate steel yoke to get the same effect.

MoreCashThanDash

The brief write up in Cyclist so far suggests that the ex Cervelo guy had a clause in his deal preventing him making road bikes for “x” years, so he has designed a gravel bike for 650b wheels that will strangely ride really well with a road wheel set set up. 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I saw one, an orange one, recently in a swanky bike shop downstairs. It’s blooming lovely in the flesh, utterly sublime.
    If I was in for another frame, it’s one I’d consider. But actually it’s not that light.

Cervelo made a reputation for building strong light bikes, this is (I guess not having ridden one) strong, but light it isn’t. The F&F come out at a median average of the current crop of high end builds, which in todays money is just on the fat side of adorable. If he could bring the F&F down to 1200gms then it’s a much better proposition.
    As is, the frame will stay like this for some time, again he built Cervelo on the back of make a good frame once, don’t change it every year for changes sake. The R5 you can still buy which hasn’t changed since they put the cables inside the frame.
    A lot of recent Cervelos have suffered with build quality issues, having shipped out production to the far east a lot of warranty claims for rear stays/drop outs and front mech hangers have bust (R5,R3,S3) and the brand have suffered because of this (I have a mate whose a Cervelo Fanboy whose suffered these issues on 3 R5’s and 2 S3’s, all replaced under warranty).

I think he’s done a great job with this frame, made it a multi use and hope to see a few more on the trails.
    I do like the choice of colours.

atlaz
    Free Member

I see they’re now showing proper photos of the Rapha brevet luggage. Interesting to see if it’s more than just a copy of someone elses with some rapha touches (see also, Rapha shoes)

bigrich

the luggage is made by apidura.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ This.

It’s the same as the compact bar bag and seatbag..just in Rapha colours.

The “windproof” jersey they’re wearing is nice, it’s got a liner on the chest for those early cool mornings..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Here’s one with the new Lauf grit fork

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Chuffin ek.

Thats orrid.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

e wearing is nice, it’s got a liner on the chest for those early cool mornings

I’ve had both long and short sleeve brevet jerseys, always felt bulky and ill fitting compared to some of the other stuff, much prefer the tighter pro team stuff but I guess that’s just personal preference

johnnystorm

Anaannnnnd in one fell swoop the U.P. looks terrible. 🙁

psycorp
    Free Member

That’s a lot of money for a road/cross frame. Much as I love it and want one……

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I quiet like the it, but not with that Lauf fork on. If it was my money though….

…& spend the difference taking it some place nice and sunny to ride, seeing as it won’t stop raining around here.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Whats the bike in the new Rapha mailshot ad?’ is closed to new replies.