Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Whats the best winter riding gloves around these days?
  • aawrighty
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend riding gloves that keep your hands warm and dry and able to use touch screen phone without having to take gloves off? is there such a thing?
    Am wearing Sealskinz All Weather gloves at minute but find they don’t keep hands warm or dry for any long period of time.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

If your Sealskinz aren’t keeping you dry, there’s something wrong with them. Send them back.

aawrighty
    Free Member

i take it then Sealskinz are the dogs?

scotroutes

Sealskinz will work great at keeping you dry as long as you don’t have water running down your arms and into the big hole.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Sealskinz here. Never had cold or wet hands when wearing them, either for cycling or throwing snowballs at the kids.

aawrighty
    Free Member

i will persevere with them then. Many thanks.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve stopped using sealskin gloves as I don’t get on with the floating liner.
    Instead I use liners and outer gloves appropriate to the weather – currently assos system gloves.

matt_outandabout

^wot aP does. Liners, plus a variety of bigger gloves. None keep you dry.

bruneep

Aldi gloves

cinnamon_girl

Gore Bike Wear Windstopper.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Had my new endura strike gloves on today and had to take them off for a while due to sweat.

tootallpaul

Glacier Gloves

rone

Really like the endura windchill. Not the most water proof but seem to work best in cold damp weather. They last too, no silly liner to annoy.

Had them on yesterday -1, and all was good. In really cold weather I swap to mittens which are too hot for most scenarios.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Mavic Inferno gloves for me. Fit is just right and hands stay nice and warm down to freezing (not been any colder yet to comment). Reasonably waterproof too.
    The Aldi ones are good, but a bit of a weird fit.

turboferret

I like my Fox Anti-Freeze gloves. Have a dual layer, waterproof inner, insulated outer, but they are fixed together at the fingertips so you don’t have to mess about getting the inners down the correct fingerholes after removing them. Due to the double layer, they also have a dual cuff. I have my jacket cuff sandwiched between the 2 layers of the glove cuff, and although water can run down the sleeves, it doesn’t propagate into your hand cavities, and making a good seal this also prevents water from being blown up your sleeves too.

Cheers, Rich

Northwind

You can buy wee sticky-on things for touchscreen phones. No idea what the best winter glove with them built in might be, the warmest I’ve used (Perfect Curve) and the all-round bestest but less warm (Antifreezes) don’t have that.

Sealskinz gloves seem a bit obsessed with sticky-out things on the palm, like that’s a good idea.

oldboy
    Free Member

+1 Aldi

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aldi gloves are great for a fiver, glacier perfect curves are unbelievably good, but it needs to be really cold.

Pogies

^^ What I’m trialling at the puffer!.

jam1e
    Free Member

AnyGlove works well for making your gloves work with touchscreens. I use it on all my gloves.

Dibbs
    Free Member

+1 for Mavic Inferno for warmth, my Altura Racelines aren’t as warm but are more comfy and probably more waterproof, both work with my touchscreen Garmin 810.

nealy
    Free Member

I got a pair of £5 Aldi gloves this year and they’re better than the Tenn Outdoors gloves I got last year although were still ok. I really like Specialized normal gloves so would try theirs if I was spending a decent amount. The best gloves I’ve ever had were a pair of £70 Hein Gerikke motorbike gloves, used them for snow boarding and would have toasty hand even when the outside were encased in ice.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best winter riding gloves around these days?’ is closed to new replies.