Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what's the best weather app for iphone 4?
  • paulhopkinson99
    Free Member

i’ve been too lazy to change from the default weather app – but don’t think it’s that accurate. Any suggestions?

grum
    Free Member

Yr.no

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I use WeathePro – seems ok. I imagine the Met Office has one now these days. Isn’t that where the rest of them get their data anyway?

cnud
    Free Member

MeteoEarth

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Just put it outside, if it gets wet, it’s raining

CountZero

WeatherPro FTW. I’ve been using it since I got my iPhone 3. Satellite view, precipitation radar, and accurate hourly forecast if you buy the yearly subscription, along with a bunch of other forecast stuff. Much more accurate than the Met Office, and the satellite and radar facilities are brilliant.
    Edit: dd, the Met Office have had an app for ages, it’s rubbish, I deleted it a couple of weeks after installing it.
    WeatherPro is the app for MeteoGroup, who are based in Germany, and are the forecasters used by the Press Association.

CountZero

Here’s screenshots from a short while ago:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fairy nuff CZ. Hadn’t used the Met Office one. Now I don’t need to bother checking it out. 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

I really like Partly Cloudy – simple, clever user interface…

tonyd

I’ve been using the Met Office one for a while and think it’s very good, but then my needs are simple 🙂 It seems very accurate.

That weather pro one looks purty though, might give it a try.

Edit: £2.49?! Met Office is free.

CountZero

Sure it’s free, you get what you pay for…
    I did direct comparisons between the Met Office and WeatherPro apps for a week or so, and WeatherPro was consistently more accurate, the satellite and radar images allow you to see how the cloud and rain systems are tracking towards your location over a period of time, so you get a visual clue as to what’s going on.
    I don’t begrudge paying for something that works, but when I first installed it, I think it was 69p… 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaysus, is it £2.49 now? Think I paid 69p or 99p for it and it allowed us to have it on mrs deadly’s phone too. 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

WeatherPro here too. Well worth 5p a week!

loddrik
    Free Member

Has to be Met Office, its the Met Office, we live in the UK, why use anything else.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what's the best weather app for iphone 4?’ is closed to new replies.