Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's the best way to rejuvenate a Ti frame?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve just bought a second hand Cove Hummer. The stickers are looking a bit tatty so I’m going to replace those.

While I’m on, I might as well tidy the frame up a bit – does anyone have any hints and tips on this?

Cheers!

Neil.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Depends if its matt or shiny.
    Matt – leave it be
    Shiny – give it a polish

mc
    Free Member

Smooth finish = polish
    Brushed finish = scouring cloth

bol

If it’s a lynskey one it will be brushed, in which case a scotchbrite pad is your best bet, but try it out somewhere discrete first to make sure it’s the right coarseness. If it’s the litesepeed on I’m pretty sure it’s in the bead-blasted matte grey finish, in which case either leave it alone, or take it to your local bead blaster to freshen it up. Sadly not something you can do at home.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

It’s actually a Ti sports one, so it’s pretty old and matt at the minute.

I think I’d prefer it to look brushed. I’ve got a mate with a body shop, I’ll drop in and see if there’s any scotchbrite lying around 🙂

bol

Yep, you could always scotchbrite it if you’ve got the patience. IIRC enigma will refinish a frame for about £150, but that might make it a bit less of a bargain.

rkk01
    Free Member

Can I fill the crack with Polyfilla 🙁

scruzer
    Free Member

If you want a polished finish (like mirror glass) then use Duraglit. If not DO NOT get Duraglit anywhere near your frame.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

It’s not this frame is it?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-cove-hummer-on-ebay

If so, I wouldn’t bother as the owner won’t thank you for any improvements……….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to rejuvenate a Ti frame?’ is closed to new replies.