Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What's the best way to post bike stuff these days?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’ll be sorting out and selling some stuff soon including frames, wheels and forks, what’s the best service to use these days? Used to use the local post office or parcel force as it was a simple trip down the road but they seem obsessed with measuring the size of everything now, before they used to just weigh it, so it seems very expensive now, what’s the best alternatives for big stuff and how’d do you get it to them??

kimbers

my hermes worked out ok, i just sold a frame, forks and wheels with them, frame only just came in under the size limit

globalti
    Free Member

Small things like derailleurs can go by first class post and there’s quite a high limit in gms for £3.00. I think that’s pretty good value.

Bigger stuff up to a certain size (50 x 50 x 40 cms I think) can go by Collect Plus for under a fiver.

Really big stuff like frames and bikes, Paisley Freight for £22.50 anywhere in the UK, though they are just agents for the dreaded TNT so pack carefully and tell your buyer to check the package before signing, even if being harassed by the driver, and sign “in damaged condition” if in any doubt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to post bike stuff these days?’ is closed to new replies.