Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • What's the best way to deal with an idiot motorcyclist?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

My road is about 100-150M long with an island at the end to stop cars getting through – this was done some years ago to stop cars bypassing traffic lights. Bikes can still get through though

It is a quiet, safe street but lately, some idiot motorcyclist has been roaring down past my house – today on his Back wheel. I have failed to get his plate so far. If I do manage it will the police even be interested? Because the road is quiet, kids play there. Not only that but it is only a matter of time that someone pulls out in front of this guy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Video it! Easy!

scaled
    Free Member

Not only that but it is only a matter of time that someone pulls out in front of this guy.

I’d be waiting for a knock on the door… You can’t make threats like that in the UK any more! 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Video that you send to the police I’d say

Dancake
    Free Member

Video it! Easy

Indeed. I hope to do that. Its WAAAA, WAAAA, WAAAAAAAAAA..gone so I need to be on the ball

yunki
    Free Member

broom handle.. spokes..

DrP

Piano shop nearby…????

DrP

*** DO NOT DO THIS ***

willard

What, you mean you were about to recommend playing appalling easy listening jazz at the offending motorcyclist?

Would never work, he’s wearing a crash helmet and would not hear it!

binners

I know the Grand Piano, dropped on his head from a great height, is a suitably Tom and Jerry/Roadrunner way to kill him, in practice they’re a bugger to lift up to the required altitude

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I know the Grand Piano, dropped on his head from a great height, is a suitably Tom and Jerry/Roadrunner way to kill him, in practice they’re a bugger to lift up to the required altitude

Surely the altitude’s the easy bit, Will.E. Cayote always seems to suffer with the timing though.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    Dancake
    Free Member

Releasing the piano is going to be easier than getting the camera woken up and recording in time.

I was also considering holding up a sign that says “Bloody slow down” which is a bit more personal than dobbing him in. I would be mortified by that

binners

Is there a handy rock face you could paint a tunnel entrance onto?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Only one thing for it. Liberally smear the road in goose fat.

molgrips
    Free Member

I need to be on the ball

Time for a few days off work, and an obsessive stalker-style stakeout.

EDIT there are motion sensing cameras around.. an electronics fan could probably rustle something up too with microphones…

Dancake
    Free Member

Only one thing for it. Liberally smear the [strike]road[/strike] Motocyclist in [strike]goose[/strike]man fat.

This might work, but again the timing might be a problem

Will wash the car between 8 an 9 tomorrow and start with a bit of arm waving

GrahamS

Is there a handy rock face you could paint a tunnel entrance onto?

Last time I did that a train came out of the tunnel and flattened me.

wrecker
    Free Member

“accidentally” spill engine oil on the road?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Wrecker, i hope your not being serious!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Moi?

nmdbase
    Free Member

Diesel leak 😉

martymac

discuss with neighbours, if you all park carefully could you make it a PITA to negotiate the street?
    not blocking it, but enough to make the idiot slow down.
    or broken bottles at the narrow bit.
    EDIT: dont put broken bottles in the road.
    but the police will be interested if he is doing wheelies, afaik its illegal on a public road.
    also if several people complain about the same reg plate a marker will go on the anpr database and he will get stopped by traffic cops about it.

kayak23

geoffj

Go pro on time lapse 1 second intervals

Rubber_Buccaneer

Why don’t you ask him/her to slow down a little? Not sure an elaborate sting operation is required just yet.

GrahamS

or broken bottles at the narrow bit.

Another excellent suggestion from a cyclist… 😯

martymac

@grahams it was actually intended as a joke, but ive edited it anyway.

GrahamS

Fairymuff, it’s hard to tell sometimes on here 😀

binners

I can’t believe its not come up already……

martymac

@grahams, yes.

Cougar

Why don’t you ask him/her to slow down a little?

“Excu…”

*vroom*

“…se me – oh.”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Get two people standing on opposite sides of the road. When idiot biker boy pulls the wheelie, they can pull an imaginary length of rope tight.
    Much hilarity will ensue and nobody will go to jail

I wonder if it’s TJ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

but the police will be interested if he is doing wheelies, afaik its illegal on a public road.

It’s not

z1ppy

My road is about 100-150M long with an island at the end to stop cars getting through

I’m a little lost as to what this means TBH, google street view? (purely being noisey)

If it’s the same time every morning, organise you neighbour into a small protest, blocking the street, and when stopped ask him to be more reasonable?

Alternatively you could make a sign saying “slow down or we’ll film you and report you…” . As even by doing a wheelie he’s showing he has good control of his vehicle, he would be prosecuted for lack of control (or such like)

Cougar

It’s not

Driving / riding without due care is, though.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Form your own biker club and call him out…. Instructional video below:

philconsequence
    Free Member

sign taped to the narrow bit saying:

‘you’ve been caught on video doing wheelies, illegal on public roads, will send to police if you don’t stop. cheers’

?

emanuel
    Free Member

landmines.
    or just the sign.
    I’d lay two thick electrical cables across the road.
    I remember setting up a flash next to the edge of the road,under a bush,with a remote cord.
    only works at night tho.but works pretty well.
    obviously you could spread oil on the road in front of the flash so that they hit the oil when braking.
    I only just though of that,though it might come under the excessive label.
    you can make those pyramid nails if you can weld.
    or just a strip of something with nails in it,like the police use.

still better than a headmaster friend of mine suggesting we roll bales down the hill onto the road…

GrahamS

just a strip of something with nails in it,like the police use

Police ones are cleverer than that – they are sharpened tubes that pierce through your tyre then snap off, staying in the tyre and letting all the air out very quickly.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Kick a football into the road as he’s coming down. If it doesn’t make him swerve, crash and die, it might make him think twice about riding too fast down a residential street.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘What's the best way to deal with an idiot motorcyclist?’ is closed to new replies.