Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Whats the best value full sus out at the moment?
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Thinking its time for a new machine and was wondering if anyone has seen anything good out there?

Cheers

sambob
    Free Member

YT Industries Wicked. Rediculous value.

mboy
    Free Member

How much you looking to spend? No use suggesting the best VFM bike at £3k if you’ve only got £1k to spend.

At the “closer to £1k but still decent” end of the spectrum though, you’ll not go far wrong checking out Boardman or Canyon though.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Boardman or Vitus

turtleheading
    Free Member

Spending 3k isnt really value now is it.

Looking at spending between 1-2k.

mboy
    Free Member

Spending 3k isnt really value now is it.

All things are relative… You asked what the best value for money full sus bike was… If at £3k you got a bike that for the money, had a better spec and rode significantly better than anything else to justify the money, then would it not be better VFM?

“Value” has nothing to do with purchase price.

patriotpro
    Free Member

NW – Just checked out your link – I thought Boardman were good value til I saw that.

Wicked 160 Ltd = awesome!

pussywillow
    Free Member

In the long run, orange 5.

Bregante

*spits coffee all over laptop

That yt wicked looks like a lot of bike for the money. If you need/want a 160 travel bike that is

lowhanger
    Free Member

If you’re looking for value for money, keep an eye on the used marketplace (eBay, etc). No better value to be had in my opinion. I just dropped £1600 on a 3 year old £5k bike in excellent condition…keep your eyes open and you’ll find something which works for you.

sputnik
    Free Member

Silverfish have a lot of ex display bikes for sale on their website. Turner 5Spot went for 2K , there still is a Flux at that price and others, worth a look.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    *spits coffee all over laptop
    That yt wicked looks like a lot of bike for the money. If you need/want a 160 travel bike that is
    POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Spit all ya want laddie, but 3 years down the line it will have worked out a lot cheaper, ie, maintenance, less pivots, more robust and at the end of it, holds its value VERY well. This all on top of it being the best hardcore trail bike money can find! The yt might be cheap but isn’t a patch on a am 5.

athgray
    Free Member

Canyon AM6 is great value. The pound is quite good against the euro at the minute. Currently £40 quid cheaper than I paid for mine. The Torque also looks like good value.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member
    The yt might be cheap but isn’t a patch on a am 5.

How did you find the ride of YT compared to the 5…what sort of trails did you ride it on?

steezysix
    Free Member

How did you find the ride of YT compared to the 5…what sort of trails did you ride it on?

I’d like to know what you think too – I’ve been very happy with my Wicked 150 for the last 6 months, but after reading this I’m worried it’s a piece of cr@p… 🙄

martinxyz
    Free Member

This all on top of it being the best hardcore trail bike money can find!

Spits coffee over the laptop too.

Heck of a lot of damaged laptops this morning ;O)

wrecker
    Free Member

That YT cannot be beaten for value. 5s may be good bikes but good value they ain’t.

Northwind

What’s better value.. This, for £1550:

Or an Orange Five frame for £1400? It’s going to take an awful lot of replacement bearings to close that gap :mrgreen:

coogan
    Free Member

This all on top of it being the best hardcore trail bike money can find!

No it’s not.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

A Trek. All in, spec, design, style, handling, pedigree etc etc

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best value full sus out at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.