Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • what’s the best tubeless jizz ??
  • scaredypants

long-lasting & plugs small slashes in carcass (little flints –> slits, max about half a cm long normally)

I’m not fussed about cost, if it’s better & lasts a long time without drying (or is art-shop stuff just as good anyway)

Cheers

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to use jra stuff but my dt wheels never seemed to real right and constantly needed tossing up i changed to stans and it sealed right away holds air much longer and seems to stay fluid longer too

scaredypants

thanks Mick – you get any biggish holes where you ride? (I don’t really seem to get thorns much where I ride, so pinholes aren’t so common – just little slashes)

what’s the biggest cut/hole I could expect jizz to fix (I read a post the other day suggesting using pink glitter in the liquid ! Sounds fantastic, but was in response to a Q about small cuts not sealing – which worries me a bit)

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve tried them all! Currently using Stans as it’s the best value, but have had a puncture or 2, not completely sealed.
    Bonty Superjuice worked well (on Mud-X tyres).
    The best though, I think is the Geax stuff as the particles in it are larger and it doesn’t dry out as quick as any of the others. Quite pricey though. This stuff.
    What tyres are you using? as I find that makes a much bigger difference than the juice being used.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I use this:

Claims to seal up to 1/4″ holes – very pleased with it and certainly plugs holes well thanks to the bits in the mix.

scaredypants

I’m on a UST nobby nick (the evo triple nano wibbleRAD model) I’ve only done 1 wheel so far, as a tester

Tyre seems pretty bloody fragile to me. I suppose it’s probably grippy but it’s cut quite widely after about 25 miles. Think I need something cheaper TBH, I don’t really need top grip round here

racing_ralph
    Free Member

stans by a long way ime

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, Super Juice is dire, it’s alright for getting tyres to inflate, but it’s useless for sealing punctures.

JRA Art Latex dries within days, I’ve never had Stan’s dry out, although I do change tyres fairly regularly. It’s good value, it’s easy to swap between tyres as it’s nice and runny and pools at the bottom of the tyre.

aP
    Free Member

Hutchinson air (green stuff) lasts for years.

scaredypants

Ossom ! Thanks folks

suppose I’ll try STans or Geax then – whatever I find first

(so do I need to patch the 2 slits that run right through the carcass before jizzing, or will it sort itsef out on inflation ?)

Yetiman
    Free Member

Used Stans for the past couple of years and find it works fine on cuts up to 1/4″ as advertised but it can take a bit of time to seal properly. I haven’t tried any other make.

devs
    Free Member

I’ve used Stan’s and Joe’s No Flats. They both work but I have found the Joe’s stuff to be batter at sealing ghetto tubeless. You only find this out when you try and remove a tyre! It failed when I ripped a whole side lug off my HR at Laggan but then I think blue circle would have failed then too!

diplomatt
    Free Member

I’ve been using JRA Wheel Milk with no problems here. No thorns, but lots of rocks.

uplink
    Free Member

Same findings as others for me

JRA dries out too fast
    Stan’s & Joe’s seem to work very well & last

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, you will need to patch them.

Tyre-wise, I’d recommend Hutchinson UST or Maxxis UST. They might be heavier, but punctures are few and far between. So far none on my Hutch Scorpions. Hutch will be joining me in the alps!

tinsy
    Free Member

Been a few threads recently on home brew wheel milk and how to make it better at sealing, or longer lasting depending on your preference/needs. Might be worth a google.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy Stan’s?

scaredypants
    specializedneeds

Question to those who say Stan’s last longer before drying out, as I’m thinking of swapping from JRA Wheel Milk:

Do you visually check inside the tyre or just shake it and listen? The reason I ask is JRA seem to be claiming that Stan’s drys out into balls which could be misleading when you shake the wheel. They obviously wont seal much but will sound like there’s sealant in the tyre when you shake it/spin the wheel. Is this true?

uplink
    Free Member

Probably a combination of things – shake it & if I don’t see any fluid when I check the pressure I’ll pop the tyre & look

The JRA stuff I had dried into one big lump when left for 3 weeks or so

DezB
    Free Member

Stans definitely lasts longer tha Wheel Milk, ime you have to remove the tyre to check.

tinsy
    Free Member
    gamo
    Free Member

I have also found stans to last longest, joes sealed just as well but after about
    three months i had a weird rubber alien thing living in my tyre, also found changing tyres harder with joes as the sealant stuck the tyre to the rim strip meaning having to completely refit rim strips before tyres.

Straightliner

Another fan of Stans, although the Specialized stuff is also good and a lot thicker (gloopier) but hard to find.

pypdjl
    Free Member

The reason I ask is JRA seem to be claiming that Stan’s drys out into balls which could be misleading when you shake the wheel.

Arrh, I have seen this with stans, the fluid was still in there but all the little bits had conglomerated into one big ball.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘what’s the best tubeless jizz ??’ is closed to new replies.