Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Whats the best thing youve done with your life recently?
  • rich_tee
    Free Member

Leaving a reasonably well paid job, getting divorced,selling house and moving to another country and setting up a gardening business a year ago.
    Quite an undertaking all within a relatively short time when I think about it

hora
    Free Member

Takin a grammar and punctuation course to enable me to post properly on STW.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Wow Rich_tee that's quite a change! Out of interest which country?

For me, it's cutting down on the booze, as I've been drinking far too much for the last year.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My Kids. Like many here, they are my world. Nothing comes close.

robgarrioch

Not intended to be depressing, but getting through some difficult 1st pregnancy issues with my other half, has brought us closer together. Hopefully next time…
    It's surprising how many have been through the same experience, think it's 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarriage. Standing ovation to Simpsons maternity in Edinburgh, and any mid-wifery unit. Damn that's a tough job.

warton
    Free Member

Getting my wife pregnant, first scan (13 weeks) on Wednesday!

Enrolling on the mcguire program. start on wednesday, 30 odd years of stuttering are hopefully coming to an end!

robgarrioch

Best of British with that, Warton!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sounds silly but I've found it really good to be skint over the last 4 years – coming out of it now and its great having some more but also know that money doesn't make you happy, enjoying life and the moment makes you happy.

IHN – Beers and bikes soon? Just about back to how I was before I got ill.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i quit smoking about 3 weeks ago and i feel ace. i was at a "do" In london and could have done with smoke but i held back and just had another strawberry beer!!

getting my life sorted out over the last few year. quit flitting about between jobs etc. joined the army and had the best 4 years so far. decent wage as well (for me any way)

warton
    Free Member

robgarrioch,

saw your post after I posted mine.
    Thanks, and all the best to you for next time!

mos

After 5.5 yrs of trying, 2 attempts at IVF & countless times comforting my other half, our first child is due on december 21st.

I can't wait.

rich_tee
    Free Member

NikNak – I'm in France so not the other side of the world, but far enough to be quite culturally different. The gardening was on my mind for a few years and the other things going on progressed my decision.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

After 5.5 yrs of trying, 2 attempts at IVF & countless times comforting my other half, our first child is due on december 21st.

Huge congratulations – being an IVF dad to twins myself (20 weeks today) I know what the heartache is like.

(And therein lies my answer to the OP too… 😉

aviemoron
    Free Member

Became a dad. Common, but true answer. Nothing comes close.

MrNutt
    Free Member

shot a weasel from a canon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Went for a nice ride with some friends.

hora
    Free Member

NO offence guys. Becoming a Dad isn't an achievement (unless its IVF). Otherwise some people on estates should be given lifetime achievement awards..

The best thing Ive done recently is avoided running over someones dog and personally finding where the owner lived.

warton
    Free Member

No Offence hora. but not killing something is not an achievement.

hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT but rewatching the Conscientious Objectors /Ian Hislop last night I totally disagree. They were just as brave as those who go to war.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The seed of my loins was fruitful in the belly of my woman.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Last 12 months or so – quitting a reasonably paid job to go it alone as a photographer….
    Could not have got this far without the help and support of Lady MM.
    Just into year 2 now and its starting to come together….

More recent – using those photog skills to raise money for charity – I put portrait packages in charity auctions, £400 raised for charity this last month.

Oh, riding more – mostly 'just' on the commute – 16 mile round trip. Need to do it more… just trying to pull the funds together for lights and winter kit to keep me commuting up and down the canalside in all most weathers 😉

warton
    Free Member

please don't say you're comparing swerving to miss a dog to Conscientious Objectors?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Slightly OT but rewatching the Conscientious Objectors /Ian Hislop last night I totally disagree. They were just as brave as those who go to war.

Just slightly OT?

hora
    Free Member

The seed of my loins was fruitful in the belly of my woman.

Did you do the screenplay for the Eddie Murphy movie Coming to America? 😆

please don't say you're comparing swerving to miss a dog to Conscientious Objectors?

Life is sacred. You said 'not killing someone is not an achievement'- yes it is.

Just slightly OT?

Just a wee bit 🙄

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Did you do the screenplay for the Eddie Murphy movie Coming to America?

Nope I watched The Young Ones.

hora
    Free Member

Best Young Ones was when they went to University Challenge 😀

backhander
    Free Member

I've just realised why everybody thinks you're a knob.

warton
    Free Member

Life is sacred. You said 'not killing someone is not an achievement'- yes it is.

No its not.

If someone asks you, what have you acheived? you wouldn't say "Well I haven't killed anything"

warton
    Free Member

and taking your life is sacred argument further. You say becoming a father isn't an acheivement, but we're creating a life, which, as you say, is sacred. so surely thats the biggest acheivement of them all

hora
    Free Member

warton- cockroaches breed. Lets hope backhander doesnt. Its not the creation thats the achievement. Its what you do AFTER the birth that makes your achievements in parenthood.

freddyg
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

Did you do the screenplay for the Eddie Murphy movie Coming to America?

Nope I watched The Young Ones.

…. boomshanka

warton
    Free Member

hora, cockroaches, like all other animals breed out of instinct. we have a choice.

hora
    Free Member

So do we. When a girl suddenly gets that maternal urge?

backhander
    Free Member

Whatever Hora you're still a knob. Ask anyone. Even your mum thinks your a knob and your dad only tolerates you because he knows, yes that's right that his son is indeed a knob.

thepurist

Given myself the time to get my head straightened out. Or starting to get it straightened out anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Whatever Hora you're still a knob. Ask anyone. Even your mum thinks your a knob and your dad only tolerates you because he knows, yes that's right that his son is indeed a knob.

Ah, a typical detractor. By the level of your post you show yourself to be typically low-brow. Was your bottom-lip quivering whilst you stamped your foot typing that?

kimbers

zaskar
    Free Member

Not having kids-best choice I ever made! 8)

And you guys are braver than me lol.

deserter
    Free Member

moving to Canada,staying off the smokes

DT78
    Free Member

Last 18 months – quitting world of warcraft….sounds sad but that game is ridiculously addicative I really wish I'd never heard of it. Haven't played a computer game of any description for 6 months and don't intend to.

This week – got engaged to my gf of the last 7 years, at the Blue Lagon in Iceland – best laid plans and all 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best thing youve done with your life recently?’ is closed to new replies.