Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What's the best thing you have seen on a fly tip?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

And recovered.

Only yesterday a brand new army gortex jacket 🙂 and it fits.

24v makita drill in full working order.

I cant believe what some people chuck away.

bencooper
    Free Member

What counts as a fly tip?

The hammer I use every day I found at the side of the road. I’ve also got a very good Facom hacksaw and ratchet handle retrieved from metal thieves in our park – and some lovely big prybars retrieved from other thieves.

(left behind when they scarpered, I didn’t fight them for the stuff or anything)

woffle
    Free Member

was chatting to one of the staff at our local tip when a Volvo parks up – elderly chap gets out. Struggles to take a large, brand new, unopened box Stihl chainsaw out of the back-seat. Hands it to the chap stood next to me saying “I’m sure someone will find a use for this”.

Needless to say, it disappeared straight off into the staff cabin…

jimbobo
    Free Member

A saniflow macerator.

Now, a hateful machine that chews poo, and then tries to blow it through a small diameter pump might not sound like a great find, and a second hand one even less so. However, my house has three of these stupid things, they love to break, causing, at best some localised “flooding”. I now have a spare, which saves me nearly £400 next time one breaks, so i count that as a win.

squirrelking
    Free Member

We’re not allowed to take anything from the tip. For some reason that rule doesn’t apply to the folk that work there…

Have ended up with a Calor gas bottle which was handy.

kormoran
    Free Member

I found a rather nice breadknife on a roundabout in silverknowes

Madam kormoran climbed in the skip to retrieve some cast bench ends while I distracted the operative. Look great in the garden with new slats

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

A fortnight’s worth of residents parking vouchers with the tippers registration number and address of the bathroom he was fitting…

zinaru
    Free Member

a letter addressed to the guy that dumped all the rubbish!

shermer75
    Free Member

A fortnight’s worth of residents parking vouchers with the tippers registration number and address of the bathroom he was fitting…

I’m guessing these stories end with someone getting a conviction?

Cougar

I took all my old videos to the tip a couple of years back. Was directed to the relevant skip, to find the bottom of the skip was literally covered with grumble. Magazines and videos, loads of it. Either a shop must’ve closed or someone had a serious habit.

And before anyone gets clever, no it wasn’t mine and no I didn’t take any.

(It was was at the bottom of a large skip and I couldn’t reach)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It was was at the bottom of a large skip and I couldn’t reach

Years of abuse lead to permanently bent wrist and bicep?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

I’m guessing these stories end with someone getting a conviction?

My dad found invoices amongst a pile of flytipped plumbing debris at local nature reserve. Passed them on to the council who followed it up. The named person claimed all the rubbish had been in the back of a van which he’d sold (i.e. sold with the yet to be dumped rubbish still in it). So they asked who he’d sold it to…. then prosecuted them both.

martinhutch

Whereas when I told Craven District Council about the identity documents which were part of a load of shite tipped inside the National Park they didn’t bother getting back to me.

redthunder
    Free Member

Always finding letters. Sadly the local council is never interested 🙁

Mostly find:

Paint: All colours and types, I very rarely buy paint.
    Tools: Screwdrivers, spades, forks etc. Must be shed clearances.
    Timber
    Bricks and Blocks…still on pallets and sometimes banded.

I reckon I could build a half decent house on what I see kicking around.

PS: Roadside finds also include.

A rather nice jointer umbrella….literately fell off the back of a lorry.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SRKXwq]fly tip 2017[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SRKXGf]fly tip 2017[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TUgmCA]P1420172[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

BSO’s all the time.

Still waiting for the first ever Stumpjumper to turn up.

Along, with lost Messerschmitt Bf 109 in the woods 🙂

zanelad
    Free Member

There was a guy with a decent looking (to me anyway) drum kit in the car. I was sorely tempted to ask him for it and give it to my grandson. 😀

Didn’t think that my daughter would’ve appreciated it though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Tipper drove past me in the local dumping grounds with a smashed up sofa on the back, only sorry I never got the number…

Local ferals were burning everything else, literally every pile had been burned (turns out Citroen Xsara engines and transmissions are very melty).

oliverracing

Got an ok bike a few years ago (more like 10) and most recently a little 15cm steel ruler – found on an Austrian cycle path in the pouring rain. Quite easily my favorite ruler and I’ve even taken note of the make/model in case I lose it!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What's the best thing you have seen on a fly tip?’ is closed to new replies.