Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • What's the best thing you have bought for the house recently?
  • pete68
    Free Member

An uuni pizza oven. Although that’s technically it’s for outside the house. Indoor use not recommended! Just used it tonight,beautiful thin crust pizzas.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s like Wembley stadium of a dark evening now.

As a back yard astronomer can I make a general plea to folk doing this to try to make sure the lights point down into their garden rather than off into space. There were a couple of people out the back of ours who shone their lights straight into ours and it destroys your night vision, they were very good about it when I mentioned it though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just had the landing and a bedroom ceilings overboarded/skimmed to and a couple of walls skimmed that had lining paper on them – I hate lining paper 🙁
    Decorator has just finished and it looks soooo much better.

Also got fed up with the old mower so I’m spending [probably] too much money on a used commercial mower that will make life lot easier 🙂

DrP

Well the potential money pit of a bungalow I’ve just bought has been treated to 1500 Quid’s worth of new brickwork pointing on one wall.

I’m not going to be the mug on the street with the dodgy mortar….

DrP

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

There is some quite spectacular spending on this thread, top stuff 😉

jontykint
    Free Member

This Jimi Hendrix for the extension

wilburt
    Free Member

As a back yard astronomer can I make a general plea to folk doing this to try to make sure the lights point down into their garden rather than off into space.

I spent the best part of a day trying different lights to avoid just this happening, a cowling seems to be the solution.

Nice picture btw.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Sage Tea Maker

It was in the Black Friday sale… and too big a discount to resist (we actually needed a new kettle, and it didn’t cost that much more and still provides standard kettle functions too!)

It arrived yesterday and has been used copiously ever since!

imnotamused
    Free Member

Bought a Bose Soundlink Mini last year and I’ve not beaten it for a purchase since. Quality, portable, rich Bose sound. Love it!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

rich as in your poorer now you have purchased* it?

*owner of some £300 Bose computer speakers that I hardly ever use.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Miele Cat & Dog vacuum. The cleaner lady loves it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Surround sound system 🙂 Everything sounds better
    Next on the list is a sofa as the been bag chair is getting crap, priorities are right I think

chiefgrooveguru

One of those positive pressure ventilation units. Miraculous damp remover!

matt_outandabout

Having had a bloomin expensive Krups coffee machine, that quit working on the frothed and then we couldn’t get a replacement jug when it cracked, we bought one of these mucho cheapo. Why are all coffee filter machines not like this? Pull out top and fill within water and coffee (without pulling machine out from under cupboards to fill). Press button. Pour, without any drips, and enjoy.

TiRed

A gardener.

“I only have a garden because it came with the house”.

kiwijohn

New BBQ in time for christmas. It even has a window & lights inside the hood.

spud-face

OS map of Dudley 1896-1904. Also Brum & Southampton (I don’t have to justify myself to you people!)
    And some new taps for the bathroom sink that actually work – hooray!

weeksy

A garage, along with another bedroom, a new conservatory, garden, driveway, kitchen, bathroom….

OK, so it’s a new house 🙂

Our long long long process of selling our house is almost complete.

verses

maccruiskeen – Member

A funky duvet cover imported from those crazy dutch
    I bet you could have some fun in the shallow end…

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What's the best thing you have bought for the house recently?’ is closed to new replies.