Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • What's the best tactic after falling off at age 46?
  • vondally
    Free Member

I’m never going to be anywhere near a podium, ever. Learn to accept who you are. Revel in yourself. Men become bitter later in life when they feel begrudged, wronged etc. Be happy in your own skin.

accepting who you are can mean and some would say should mean testing the boundaries and pushing them, what you suggest is staying inside the white rabbits fur, nice and cosy or are you going to hang on to the edges. Heart in the mouth oh my lord momnet is good every now and then……..

Be happy in your own skin

.i am still quite happy to leave some on the ground now and then 8)

hora
    Free Member

Hey, I rode down the Beast and the Ladybower Inn cheeky yesterday without my helmet…..

vondally
    Free Member

……no need to silly though is there 😉

hora
    Free Member

Someone earlier on said ‘with your mind’.

I wouldn’t have my mind if I fell good and proper so that makes it ok 😆

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I’ll be 60 in a wee while and have reluctantly given it up.
    Had 2 or 3 big offs in last few years and have realised they have left problems that aint gonna go away. Only took mtb’ing up at 56 ish so left it too late to be able to get too radical (for me).
    Will still ride the bike, but have come to terms with not attempting anything beyond my capabilities or that has the risk of shortening my enjoyment of sport into my later years.

PS I fancy having a crack at the West Highland way this summer, is it possible for an aging wimp? 😀

jedi

i’m 45 this year and will never stop riding til i take my last breath. you only grow old when if you stop 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Which is pretty sudden if you **** your knees consistently overtime

stanfree
    Free Member

I broke my collarbone last year at a BMX track had 6 weeks off the bike then tore my ligaments on my first ride back. I still love flying about on my Mtb but dont bother trying to hit any significant jumps or ride above my limits. Oh and I bought a road bike and got fitter.

oldnick

Given that the average male lives for 85 years in this country I think that reaching for the pipe and slippers in your forties is a little premature.

I’m not into huge hucks or enormous doubles but the ability to get airborne without dropping an otter improves flow on quite a few trails IMO.

hora
    Free Member

Sigh your eyesights failing or you misread my posts on flow.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I turned 45 this year and Jedi got me jumping again last year. This year I got a top up from Nath (apprentice Jedi) who got me clearing gaps!

I’ve never enjoyed my riding more.

Hora – coaching, PROPER, coaching makes you safer. I rode Innerleithen and Glentress at the weekend and, thanks to my coaching, wasn’t as worried by unexpected trail obstacles. Instead of ramming the brakes on and falling off at low speed I just plopped over stuff. Better still, when it wasn’t as unexpected I flew over stuff. Was an amazing feeling.

You should try it.

maxtorque

_tom_
    When you know how and why you went wrong you can be a lot more relaxed which then opens up a whole new level of fun.

I’d been pushing myself quite hard this last year after taking up MTB much more seriously than i had previously been. And so far, i’d been getting away with the really quite few crashes i’d been having, but, and i think it’s a law of averages thing, i OTB’d and broke my wrist 2 weeks ago. However, i know exactly what i did wrong that caused the crash. Now, i don’t yet know how to do it correctly, but i’m hoping the Jedi can fix me in a couple of months time!

If anything, it’s pushing me to try to be even better as i work back to fitness 😉

(a still young 39er)

hora
    Free Member

You should try it?

Recently someone had taken away the rollin stones that sanitised a stone slab stepdown on Rushups edge. I just plopped down it. 😉

My nemesis is fitness. The fitter I can get the more relaxed I get. 🙂

Pedalinjunky

we have a team moto ‘if you ain’t flying you ain’t trying’ were not young and the year before last we lost our team captain fondly known as Faither. He passed on the red route at Kiroughtree sad loss at age 60 but turning pedals and smiling all the while. keep those cranks turning and enjoy thr trails with Junior.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/64553607[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What's the best tactic after falling off at age 46?’ is closed to new replies.