Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • What's the best rear shock you have owned?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Coil vanilla rc with custom PUSH tune for tf tuned. That’s was a decade ago and nothing I’ve ridden since comes close!

mmannerr

In my old bike BOS Kirk was better than DB air, Inline and bag of Fox RP23 and Floats. It was on long term loan so I don’t know how long it would last. However, mate who owns the thing seems to ride now only DVO shocks…

I have Fox X2 on the new bike, so far it feels very good.

oikeith

My Ohlins STX22 has been really good, picked it up a few months ago and after dialling in pressure, rebound and LSC its never done me wrong.

I was looking at a CCDB Air with a climb switch, but the local shop advised me off it, said they have issues with spiking which would result in a crash. They had witnessed this first hand.

SirHC

Float X2 is very tuneable, however, does take a while to get the shock to where you want it. Perfect shock for a big travel gnarpoon, not great trail shock as its focus is on downhill/grip/etc.

Have an STX22 on my smuggler and enduro, much easier to setup than the X2, not nearly the same adjustment range. But the shocks are built for you/bike, so the adjustment range is narrower/finer.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My Pushed Van RC from TFT back in the day was bloody brilliant – I don’t think that any of the clever shocks I’ve had since then have been nearly as good until…

My Ohlins TTX on my Demo is very very good. The reduced range of adjustments makes loads of sense and it just works.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What's the best rear shock you have owned?’ is closed to new replies.