• This topic has 66 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Esme.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What's the best prezzie that you've got your other half?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Inspire the not prepared.

So what’s the best Christmas prezzie that you’ve got for your other half?

gaidong
    Free Member

For her 40th, which is not Christmas but Cartier always works! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A pearl necklace?

rob2
    Free Member

I did give my wife a pearl necklace last year. From John Lewis though (the shop, not the person)

MrOvershoot

Me, that’s all she needs.

PiknMix
    Free Member

A first edition of a book that means the world to her (Angela Carter – The bloody Chamber and other stories)

dannybgoode

Mrs Danny loves giraffes so I paid for her to be giraffe keeper for the day at Chester Zoo.

gaidong
    Free Member

That be a pendant not a necklace !

fourbanger
    Free Member

Tandem.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Long weekend in Milan/Monza Italian GP. Last year of the “proper” engines. She also met Jackie Stewart in the pits. I just heckled Damon Hill. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That be a pendant not a necklace !

Didn’t want to splash out?

alexpalacefan

Expensive binoculars.
    Day of hunting with a hawk.
    New mountain bike.

APF

weeksy

Ducati 749

bearnecessities

A pearl necklace

Talking of which, any Lancs residents been hearing that advert on the radio for Prestons of Bolton lately? It’s priceless 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Kindle

scaredypants

A first edition of a book that means the world to her (Angela Carter – The bloody Chamber and other stories)

Oooooh! I’d like that; I’ve lost my copy 🙁

Bregante

Talking of which, any Lancs residents been hearing that advert on the radio for Prestons of Bolton lately? It’s priceless

Heard it tonight. Hilarious 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

A 2015 Norco Sight Carbon, with upgraded Pike RC3, Cane Creek Inline, Stans Arch/Hope wheels, XT 11 speed drivetrain and carbon Renthal bars.

Unfortunately, due to a slight sizing oversight on my part, it’s just a smidge too large for my lovely lady so I’m doing the honourable thing and am riding it myself. It’s what she’d want me to do.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me, but then she gets to open Me every year 😆

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Cube Stereo E-bike

Harry_the_Spider

scruff9252

I’ve been refurbishing a vintage wooden kayak for the past couple of months. Sneaking out a few nights a week to my parents garage to secretly add yet a-bloody-nother coat of varnish.

Very nearly there and it’s looking pretty sweet! Hope she appreciates it!

RustySpanner

A Kindle.

Not the flashest thing, but she uses it a lot and has since bought them for family & friends.
    Including me.

Great things.

ads678

Snowboard.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cross country skiing lessons . Benefits us both 😀

fivespot
    Free Member

A bag and belt from a top brand
    the hoover works a treat now 😀

scaredypants

heated ski gloves – although pretty much ever since we’ve had over-warm weather when we’ve skied

ton

bought last week on the way to the Lakes…..because she forgot her old riding shoes.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q1vQ4V]2016-12-13_08-20-39[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A kite. Oh, and one of those poppies from the Tower of London.

RustySpanner

Beast!

NZCol

A new iron

porter_jamie

Some food mixer thing which cost more than my single speed

theotherjonv

A DVD player. Don’t laugh, at the back; this was the year DVD’s came out (1995) and it cost a small fortune at the time. My wife’s always been a huge film fan and the chance to see films in such quality was amazing.

I might buy her one again this year, and remind her that once it was the most amazing thing she’d ever seen.

colournoise

Not Christmas, but for our anniversary which is December 23rd.

Apparently it’s a Steel anniversary so I’m hoping (fat chance) for a new bike!

Anyway, Zoe is a history teacher (with social history as her thing) and loves Edinburgh so I’ve got her a Victorian steel key from one of the old town tenement buildings – I’ll present it as a keyring for her school keys.

Full of that smug feeling when you know you’ve got something ‘odd’ as a gift but know it’s going to be just right for the person you’ve bought it for.

DavidB
    Free Member

Garmin 520 and some Northwave boots. She doesn’t deserve me

Mr_C
    Free Member

A new ironing board cover

spot
    Free Member

my vasectomy

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Mrs PB was dropping hints about getting a chainsaw for Christmas, she wanted a lightweight one to prune our almond and olive trees. We were in the local agri shop the other day and she appeared with one that she thought would be ideal. I pointed out that it was a non working toy!! Yes you can buy quite realistic toy chainsaws in Spain.
    After going on a ladies only mountain bike ride last week, she came back lusting after some Sidi shoes like one of the others had so that’s trumped the chansaw until her birthday in Feb.

BadlyWiredDog

XS Cotic Soul frame in orange for Christmas a few years back 🙂

Drac

Didn’t want to splash out?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What's the best prezzie that you've got your other half?’ is closed to new replies.