Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What's the best portable power washer ?
  • TheWrongTrousers

I’m in need of a portable power washer, needs to be able to be run from a 12v socket in a car or from the mains at home. Needs to have a sizable water reservoir, enough water and powerful enough for a thorough bike clean and I need to be able to fill it up from a tap in the sink or bath as I don’t have an outside tap or hosepipe at the moment.
    Dirtworker ? Nomad ? Mobi ?

What’s the consensus folks ?
    TIA

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Can’t really comment on the new stuff, but I have an original dirt worker that I got second hand about 6 years ago and that is still going strong, so much so that I had a couple of guys at cwmcarn the other weekend, ask me what it was and where they could get one

CheesybeanZ

One of these off eBay a water container of your choice and a 12/240 plug adapter for home use .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272248133915?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

michaelbowden

I’ve got a nomad runs off 12v or internal battery. Been really good when I’ve used it. Reservoir big enough for 2 bikes.

Barely use it so could be tempted to sell……

Harry_the_Spider

What’s the best portable power washer ?

I haven’t tried all of them, but I’ve got an Airace Waterman that does the job and has done for the last 3 years. The fuse cover fell off the adaptor though and a threw it away because I didn’t know what it was*. I had to buy another off ebay for a couple of quid and bodge it.

19 Litre reservoir is good enough for 6 muddy bikes**.

One online review moaned that it was heavy when full of water, so if you put 19 L in it the weight will be the mass of the unit + 19kg.

*I am a knob.

**In my experience. Different levels of mud adhesion and quantity will influence the results.

TheWrongTrousers

@michaelbowden, have PM’d you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What's the best portable power washer ?’ is closed to new replies.