Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What's the best place you've travelled to and why?
  • lexiekay
    Free Member

Mine was 6 weeks backpacking round Cuba, amazing country and people, landscape was fantastic, just a whole different culture. Love to go back one day!

surfer
    Free Member

Me and Mrs Surfer had a week in Miami. Fantastic place.

Dolcered

perhaps a bit predictable, but the inca trail and arriving at the Sun Gate to see Machu Picchu was amazing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bangladesh, because it made me appreciate the amazing resilience and resourcefulness of Humanity, as well as making me understand just how incredibly fortunate I am to have grown up in such an affluent and well catered for country as Britain.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yorkshire. ‘Cos it’s Yorkshire.

Rachel

takisawa2

Oz. Snorkelling on the barrier reef. Incredible.

iDave
    Free Member

Mongolia. Amazing wilderness, ace people, mad adventures, and naughty stuff.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Allthegear Rachel’s favourite airline:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg[/video]

allthegear
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – you may joke but I grew up literally over the road from Leeds Bradford Airport – the dents in some of the landing lights may or may not have had anything to do with me…

Rachel

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Belgium – Bikes, chips, beer

Oz – so many reasons

Hawaii (a couple of times) – love it

Fiji – beautiful and friendly and a bit rough around the edges.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Bangladesh, because it made me appreciate the amazing resilience and resourcefulness of Humanity, as well as making me understand just how incredibly fortunate I am
    Hull

yunki
    Free Member

Bognor Regis..

‘cos as we pulled up outside a chipshop (on a quiet thursday afternoon) an under-dressed.. overweight.. drunken teenage girl opened the passenger door.. squawked something unintelligable.. and then climbed into the van and sat on my other half’s lap and wet herself..

you wouldn’t get treated like that in Mongolia or up Macchu Picchu..

ace

Pigface
    Free Member

I’ve been to paradise but I’ve never been to me

donsimon
    Free Member

Portmeirion, because that’s where they filmed The Prisoner and it was easy to get to.

RustySpanner

Pigface – Member

I’ve been to paradise but I’ve never been to me

[Sings]I’ve been to Halifax, but I’ve never been to Leeds.[Sings]

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Mojave desert. I haven’t ever felt so comfortable in a place as I do there. Also, not only are sunset and sunrise (typically )absolutely awesome – as in they inspire a sensation of awe, not just that they’re quite good – but there are zero light polution at night. Being able to look straight down the Milky Way is simply astonishing. Seeing the vastness of space, or at least attempting to comprehend it, is incomparable. Focusing on a single star, the rotation of the Earth becomes apparent and the stars appear to turn as one mass.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Vancouver. Not so much the city itself, although it was rather nice; more the getting there, overnight road trip through the Rocky Mountains from Calgary via Banff, Lake Louise & Kamloops. Speaking of Kamloops, I wasn’t expecting 38deg heat at 6pm that far north 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

How could I pick one?

Anyway, it’s not about the place you are in, it’s about the time you have when you’re there.

lexiekay
    Free Member

Rephrase it with “whats the best experience you’ve had while travelling”?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What's the best place you've travelled to and why?’ is closed to new replies.