Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whats the best none slip seat clamp?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I'm looking for the best seat clamp you can get, bolt or QR as I'm sick of my post slipping on long accents. The clamp I have is the standard one that came with my cove HJ. Looking to get the Thomson bolt type but cant find it anywhere in the UK. Cheers.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Try using some of that Pace grease that has the stuff in it to allow you to reduce the clamp pressure that's required – you'll find your post stays in place with most half decent seat clamps that way. I'll try and find out what it's called and put a link up to it.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Here you go.

clicky

Works well for me 🙂

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers!

johnners
    Free Member

Any decent clamp should do the trick if your seat tube and post tolerances are OK. Hope and Salsa have always worked for me.

If you really want to put a hurt on it the Surly Constrictor would do the job nicely.

sherry
    Free Member

Thomson post that's 2 weeks old and cove steel frame. The cam is starting to come out the clamp, it has slipped since I bought the frame 8 months ago and with 2 posts. I think its safe to say the seat clamp is pants. Cheers anyway.

sherry
    Free Member

I think the Surly clamp would have done the trick but its out of stock! Any other ideas?

tang
    Free Member

thomson + steel 27.2 cotic = slip! the salsa flip off is not too bad tho. on my last steel frame i did the coke can shim which helped.

PJay
    Free Member

Tacx carbon grease and a Salsa clamp work for me.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I usually put a bit of locktight paste on the nut part of the clamp,Once its gone dry, (in the right place for staying tight)it will work consistantly without coming loose,theres no need to overtighten the clamp once you have done this as it will stop the nut turning, and therefore loosening the post.

Keeping the shim/cam faces clean is also important and a small amount of lube keeps things runing sweet.

make sure the slot in the seat tube is aligned with the clamp and is pushed onto the tube correctly,sounds obvious but make sure the clamp is the right one for the seat tube!

hth

pitduck
    Free Member

hope 🙂

oldfart

I used a Hope clamp bolted on my Hummer had to change to Q/R to get it to hold.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best none slip seat clamp?’ is closed to new replies.